Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Boss Me 70 or Digitech RP500/1000

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by CeltRocka, Dec 26, 2009.

1. CeltRocka

CeltRocka Senior Stratmaster

Ive been looking to upgrade my ME50 to the new ME70.mainly because of the phrase looper and amp sim and EQ features.Ive always found my ME50 to be great choice of distortion pedals and some of the pre sets good too,just fancied the extra features on the ME70 but guy in the guitar shop tried to sway me to a Digitech.I never tried it out cos i was set on the ME70 but looked on youtube and read some reviews and the Dig RP500/1000 looks a great piece of kit.Any opinions? Im looking for some good "organic "tones[which i can get with the ME50] Is the RP seies digital sounding

2. Brian_C

Brian_C Strat-Talk Member

I use the RP500 with a Fender Strat and Epi LP Standard, playing into a Vox VT30. The effects and distortion on the RP500 are stunning. It’s so easy to adjust settings, you select your Distortion/effect/amp/compressor or Delay and then each of the parameter for that effect/stompbox has it’s own knob on the RP500, so you can fine tune till your hearts content. I mostly use the Vox AC30 amp sim on the amp so I turn the Amp Modelling off on the RP500 and just us is as a pedal board. It’s also class that I can plug my MP3 player into it and play along. The RP500 has also got a good 20 sec looper – just download the update from the DigiTech website.
    I can highly recommend the RP500.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  3. SunburstYummy

SunburstYummy Strat-Talker

You should get the Boss ME-70 because you liked the Boss ME-50 and it has a Looper which you want. :)

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Outlier73

Outlier73 Strat-O-Master

Funny, I got the opposit advice from one of the reps at guitar center last night. He said the digitch's sound good at low volume or through headphones but at any higher volume through an amp they sound really processed.

However, I don't know if he had played any of the new models through an amp. he was talking about his experience with an older one.