Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

For Sale Brian May Red Special

Discussion in 'Guitars for Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by roger@pennyflic, Apr 16, 2018.

1. roger@pennyflic

roger@pennyflic Strat-Talker

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    I gotta red special going for sale. I won't detail anything at present as I would just like to know if anyone would have any interest. You probably gotta want this particular guitar to be interested so PM me if it's for you. Looking for $AUD750 which is about $US577. Getting it from Melbourne (Australia) to you is probably the biggest problem. Anyway, anyone interested let me know.

Cheers

rich815 likes this.

2. rich815

rich815 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

3. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I might be interested. Photos please.

4. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    I definitely wanna see photos of that. I could see adding that to the quiver for sure.

5. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    I'll get photo's soon. I didn't really expect a great deal of interest so I haven't prepared anything, but this is the description I put on gumtree.com.au (It's $AUD850 in the add but $AUD750 is cool for Strat-Talkers)

<ADVERT>
    BRYAN MAY RED SPECIAL

Colour = Antique Cherry
    Body = Mahogany. Accoustic Chambered
    Binding = 6-Ply Pinstripe, Front + Back
    Neck
    Material = Mahogany
    Shape = Refer description below
    Joint = Set Neck Construction
    Binding = None
    Truss Rod = Dual Truss Rod
    Scale Length = 24"
    Fingerboard
    Material = Ebony
    Radius = 9 inch
    Frets = 24 Medium Jumbo 18% Nickel Frets + Zero Fret
    Nut = Graphite/PPS Black (45mm x 6mm)
    Pickups = 3*BM Brand Tri-Sonic Style, series wired, single coil pickups
    Controls = White Slider Switches • 3 x Pickup On/Off • 3 x Pickup Phase In/Out
    Hardware = Silver
    Bridge = Wilkinson WVP knife edge tremelo bridge
    Machine Heads = Grover locking Rotomatic

You can hear this guitar if you goto:-
    www.languageONE.com.au
    select Music and listen to “AnotherRedSpecial”

No obvious marks or damage
    Price is $850

Neck Shape..
    Originally a 1960's SlimTaper D Profile this neck really felt like you were holding a baseball bat at the wrong end. I had it reprofiled and modelled on a PRS Paul Allender (I think they also call it slim taper but it’s more of a “C” profile)

</ADVERT>

I believe these are made for Brian May at the World Musical Instrument Co. Ltd, Korea and are 695 pounds in England.

Hang in there and I can get some pictures.
    Cheers

6. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    You can see what I have had done to the neck. I could tell you the tech was great and worked on Tommy Emmanuel's guitars but that probably wouldn't mean much to anyone outside of OZ.

I really didn't like the "baseball bat" profile (thicker than a gibbie) so I took in a PRS which I liked and he measured it and did the work while I was there. It was a sort of - how's that ?, er maybe a bit more, well hows that then ? type of deal. It's far more of a Fender feel now but perhaps the neck is a touch wider. The ebony fretboard is nice.

I have 3 (including this one) asian made guitars. It is a better guitar in the way that it is made than the Fender Player Telecaster ($AUD850) and the new Epiphone SG ($AUD499)
    I brought it second hand sight unseen from Queensland and would not really sell it except I have promised my wife that if I buy a new guitar I must sell an old one. So far I haven't lost a great deal of money so I am hoping to build up a bit of good will with her.

To be totally honest I have never really got that sound that Brian gets but there are many tonal options and to be fair when I saw queen live over here, Brian never got the same sound as those classic Bohemian Rhapsody solos.

I wont drop below $AUD750 (plus you are going to have to pay postage) because, well......"I wanted to sell it dear but no-one was interested, I'll just have to keep it" :whistling::whistling:

7. Rastus

Rastus Senior Stratmaster

Jan 1, 2014
    Australia
    Sir,

I'll give you $750:00 to keep the guitar ! It's an heirloom that should be passed-on to family when it's time for it to find a new home IMO.

Enjoy that guitar !!!

Cheers,

Rastus

circles likes this.

8. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    Yeah, I know mate. So many guitars so little time.
    But "she who must be obeyed" needs placating:- "Why do you need so many f%^$ing guitars":(:(:(

By the way. I accept your offer. What will it be VISA,American Express,Paypal

circles, Rastus and albala like this.

9. CaseCandy

CaseCandy Senior Stratmaster

May 9, 2015
    UK/Ireland
    Au$1065 without tax if exported from the Brian May Guitars in UK directly, plus whatever it costs to ship so it's being offered here at a good price.

I've been looking at the BMG website, didn't realise there is a whole range of different Brian May guitars for sale.

Tommy is very well known here, he is touring UK in May and the USA this summer.