Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Buble Quits Music

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Paperback Rocker, Oct 13, 2018.

1. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy BushBaby Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson
    I don't really know what to say to that other than I was extremely blessed with an exceptionally healthy child, the thought of losing her, well, it's just something I don't think I could endure.

So good on him...take the rest of your life to enjoy your family and the fruits of your labor.

2. Deebs3

Deebs3 Strat-O-Master

Jul 10, 2014
    Australia
    I'm sure he'll be back when life settles down for him, he sure is a smooth singer though, yeah I've got his Xmas album.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  3. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Senior Stratmaster

Sep 4, 2015
    New Jersey
    Quitting the music BUSINESS is different than quitting music.

(I quit the music business 20 years ago when I realized I had no talent or charisma... but I still play!)

4. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    Man I don't care who you are, that's a rough mountain of challenges right there.

5. Neil.C

Neil.C Most Honored Senior Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Surrey, England
    A terrible shame.

I guess that is what we would all do in a similar situation.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  6. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy BushBaby Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson
    And you know what, it doesn't matter who you are rich and powerful or dirt poor, that's your child there ill

Newoldguy, CigBurn and Neil.C like this.
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    Good for him. He has already accomplished more before quitting, than most artists do in decades.

His covers are good. His original songs are even better. He’s created a musical legacy already, that will last. Everything, Home, Just haven’t met you yet, and Hollywood are awesome tunes.. and those are his only main ones im aware of.

He’s in his 40s already. Unlikely he will have more pop radio hits, in today’s music climate. It’s a good time for him to stop, if he chooses.

If he wants to come back later, that’s cool too. His genre is one that he can do until he’s 70, easily. Ages well.

There are obviously things more important than a career.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  8. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    He's fortunate to be able to do so financially. Nothing is guaranteed in life, he's got tons of money and the time to be with his kids while they grow up. I always admired Garth Brooks stepping away to do the same thing.

TheDuck and stratman323 like this.
  9. AncientAx

AncientAx Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 24, 2010
    Maryland
    As someone with a child with a disability I fully understand ! If I were financially able to stop working and spend all my time with my son I would be retired instantly ......

Stormy Monday and TheDuck like this.
  10. TheDuck

TheDuck Most Honored Senior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    Who could blame him.
    I give him kudos to the max. He's a huge talent, very wealthy, and yet, his values are right where they should be.

Many could learn a thing or two from this man.

AncientAx likes this.
  11. ido1957

ido1957 Senior Stratmaster

Oct 13, 2014
    Canada
    His management company is denying that he is quitting. He may have commitments that he cannot break. Whatever, I sympathize with any parent who has a child with any debilitating or life threatening medical condition.

12. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
    Health problems with kids are a tough burden for parents. I wish them all well.

13. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    If he does have commitments, it’s best to let him out of them. Chaining someone (especially a celebrity with some leverage) to doing something their heart isn’t in, leads to music like this.