Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Budget Hardtail

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Believer7713, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Ravenmore

Ravenmore Strat-Talker

Oct 9, 2017
    Cedar Park
    I have 3 at the moment. (selling 2) I've found the Made in Indonesia Squires to be pretty nice as is. The Affinity I have in particular is a great sounding and playing guitar.

Believer7713 likes this.

2. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    The funny thing about my strat collection is all but one has Squier written on it somehow. I have 2 MIJ E series from the eighties, one MIC Bullet Series from 1995 (my first Strat), two 1994 MIM Fender black label Squier Series, and one Squier SE that's an EVH inspired (still in the works) they address all great players and great sounding.
    When I was younger I dealt with the headstock snobbery but as I've gotten older I have learned that I can almost make giitar out of a tire and sound good. Like my dad told me when I wad getting into auto mechanics, "The mechanic makes the tools; the tools don't make the mechanic." Took me a while to understand but now that I do I know you apply it in every part of life.

3. Believer7713

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I forgot to say that the one that doesn't have the Squier name isn't even a Fender, it's a Lotus.
    1510683719857.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 4:26 PM

4. Ravenmore

Ravenmore Strat-Talker

Oct 9, 2017
    Cedar Park
    The pickups in two of the Squiers I have are unusually good. The ones out of my $30 Bullet appear to be Alnicos. The above mentioned Affinity electronics sound really good too. I have a Chinese SE like the one you used and they aren't that great - plus the neck is kind of chunky. I'm having kind of a hard time selling it so I might just turn it into a mod project. Yep if you put some good pickups/electronics in it you can get a great sounding guitar.

5. Believer7713

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    How much address you asking for the SE? I have a nice thin neck for it and I may be looking for a body soon.

6. Ravenmore

Ravenmore Strat-Talker

Oct 9, 2017
    Cedar Park
    I'm selling the complete guitar for $80 at the moment. Less than that and I'm thinking it might be worth more to just keep and upgrade it.

7. FritterFret

FritterFret New Member!

May 9, 2009
    Central IL
    Can you post where you bought that block? I looked on the hipshot website but couldn't find it. Thanks