Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Bugera Owners' Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Old Mojo, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Dudeking1999

Dudeking1999 New Member!

Dec 8, 2011
    Jesup,Ga.
    :D:DI own a V22 also. After a lot of research, How could I go wrong! Its an Awesome amp for the price! I've looked at amps costing three to four times as much and they did not impress me at all. I did read about some people doging the foot switch but mine seams great. I am careful with my things and you don't have to stomp on it, just a simple click with the toe does it.

2. Bluespilot

Bluespilot Strat-Talk Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Switzerland
    Hi.

I have a V22 and really love it. Very nice sound in both channels. This amp loves singlecoil-guitars!!

3. AllroyPA

AllroyPA LeftyStrategist Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 28, 2009
    Philadelphia Suburbs
    If you're afraid, get a dog ! My V5 has 5751 in the preamp and I usually line it into a 12" or 15" speaker ... very happy with it. Can handle the bass too for a low watt at home practice tube bass amp, for that it goes into the 15"... ;) .. I think I got it for $70 through Guitar Center's used section before the prices/hype started jumpin'

4. Dudeking1999

Dudeking1999 New Member!

Dec 8, 2011
    Jesup,Ga.
    I was thinking of getting a semi-hollow Tellicaster clone. So that would be perfect! I also got a twelve string electric Les Paul clone for Christmas and it sounds Killer too The sustain just keeps going as long as you let it and don't stop till you do. I love it!

5. Bluespilot

Bluespilot Strat-Talk Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Switzerland
    maybe you should try a Squier Classic Vibe Tele Thinline......;-)

6. Gillette

Gillette Strat-Talk Member

Dec 8, 2009
    BELGRADE
    New Bugera V22 here ;)

This amps doesn't "sound"..it heals my ears :)

7. desertdavy

desertdavy Strat-Talker

Sep 25, 2012
    afghanistan
    Gonna be picken up the V55HD, and am open to suggestions for a 2x12 speaker cab. I (my bro. in law actually) will be building the cab. Either pine or birch ply will be the material of choice. Thinking about 26L x 17H x 12D? As for the sound, I like Blues (doesn't everybody) southern rock and texas blues. Kind of leaning twords the patriot series swamp thang, or texas heat. I have also heard great things are coming out of the weber factory, specifically the legacy series. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I will be heading back to FL the end of Jan. for a little R&R and would love to have this setup ready to shred on. Forgot to mention, main axe of choice for this getup will be the roadhouse w/ the texas specials....Thanks guys....

8. stuart_tate41

stuart_tate41 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 20, 2012
    London
    Here's my 6262, having owned a 6505+ when I was gigging i have to say this amp is amazing for the money I paid brand new £260 delivered!

[​IMG]

9. Omiewise65

Omiewise65 Strat-O-Master

Jun 3, 2010
    Bavarian Iller Delta
    Another V22 owner here . I really like the pentode / triode switch after heating the thing up for about half an hour .
    Nice tone , not sure about the reliability in live situations .

Never had troubles with home playing ever since i've bought it 2 years ago , so ....

10. Dudeking1999

Dudeking1999 New Member!

Dec 8, 2011
    Jesup,Ga.
    Nice looking rig for sure :) @ Stuart tate41
    I did get me a Telecaster clone from Rondo music. Sounds real bluesy and good! Played it for a solid hour first time I plugged it in. I couldn't put it down. Also picked up a Kustom 4x12 cabinet and plugged it into the V22.

11. stuart_tate41

stuart_tate41 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 20, 2012
    London
    Ill have to look at V22 if you lot love them!

Took the bugera logo off mine think it looks better :)

[​IMG]

12. Dudeking1999

Dudeking1999 New Member!

Dec 8, 2011
    Jesup,Ga.
    Looks good with the Marshall Cabinet. I bet it sounds good too.

13. 82strathobby

82strathobby Strat-Talk Member

Nov 1, 2012
    springfield il
    I put painters tape on the footswitch to keep it from blinding me. That blue light is killer on the eyes. I had issues at first & almost changed my mind. Got a new one in replaced all the tubes w/electro harminix tubes. The first -TWO- were junk then the third w/new tubes is working great. The first I think may have just been bad tubes. The second I took apart and could eventually see that the chasis that the tubes connect in wasnt allowing the tubes to take hold. The one I have now sits on a stand at church never being moved. That being said: I love the tones I pull from it. Clean to high gain dirty. I'll post a pic Sun..

Behind every good man lies a great guitar.

14. 82strathobby

82strathobby Strat-Talk Member

Nov 1, 2012
    springfield il
    125.jpg

Bugera V22 behind my homade sound shield.

It's the player not the guitar!

15. little_wing

little_wing Strat-Talker

Dec 7, 2012
    NSW
    I've got a 6262 head into a 400 watt quad. It's a great amp for all my metal and rock stuff. I've a pod hd500 into at the moment bypassing preamp. I couldn't really get blues tones out if otherwise. I have thought about getting a v22. Maybe when the funds are there

16. kfm1987

kfm1987 Strat-Talk Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Spring Hill, KS
    i recently got the bugera 1960 (the first run not the infinium) and i love it. oh and boy is it LOUD!!! i'm also looking into getting the 1990 model as well. have the whole " British Bite" set lol.

17. WEHJR68

WEHJR68 Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 8, 2010
    Posen, Illinois
    Ok, I'm in. Now let's see what this thing can do.

Attached Files:

18. WEHJR68

WEHJR68 Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 8, 2010
    Posen, Illinois
    Anybody have any reliability updates? I've had my V22 for a month or so now and it's been perfect so far, I really love it.

I bought 2 different ss amps in the past year and hated them. All that modeling and hooking up to your computer is just not for me. This thing is straight forward and I am making it sing!

19. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member!

Oct 4, 2010
    Nashville
    V5 Speaker?

Well,hello all. Im new here and learning to play. I just bought a new V5 a couple weeks ago before Christmas. I also have tweed blues Jr. NOS that I dearly love as well to play my 2004 MIA standard strat through. My question is, the Bugera I thught had a 30 watt speaker, mine came with a maroon or burgundy colored 120 watt speaker and an orange pilot light. I wonder what this means or why? The speaker says in small print 30 watts continus but 120 watts in big letters if I hadn't gotten curious and looked closer Id never noticed the 30 watts continuous. The damn thing sounds great to Me but Im just beginning. Anyone who knows why they would have put a 120 watt speaker in mine,and the odd orange indicator lamp lense, I'd appreciate the info greatly. Sorry to run on but Im curious. Thanks in advance.

20. noise boy

noise boy Strat-Talker

Apr 9, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Another V5 owner here, I love it's simplicity and great tone :)

[​IMG]