Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Bugera Owners' Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Old Mojo, Apr 15, 2011.

1. pcampbell

pcampbell Strat-Talker

Jan 9, 2013
    Memphis, Tennessee
    I've had my bugera v22 about six months. Love the clean tone, which is what I need it for pretty much exclusively. Everything is stock for now, might change the speaker, but no current plans to yet. The light on the foot switch is awfully bright, though, as someone else noted. Overall I'm very pleased, particularly for the price.

2. Bluesman630

Bluesman630 Banned

Mar 5, 2014
    Rhode Island
    Ive got a new V5. Great little amp for the money.

3. aitstra61

aitstra61 New Member!

Mar 14, 2014
    Central Illinois

4. rhh7

rhh7 Strat-Talker

Feb 7, 2009
    Calgary, Canada
    I traded today for a Bugera British Bite 1960 Classic, a 150-watt tube head...awesome clean headroom!

5. Strato67

Strato67 Former Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Texas
    I have a brand new V55 I got in a trade...with good tubes and the bias set right its a great amp...I would sell it real cheap ..but its way to expensive to ship....killer amp though...I would have no problem gigging with it at all...smokes those Vox AC15s.

6. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-a-holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Bought a Bugera V22 in November, sight unseen ordered online - just because the reviews were so good. Only downside is the non-spring digital reverb, but since I hardly use it anyway (amp used for recording, and I add reverb on channel insert if needed). This sucker roars. Has anyone tried upgrading their tubes to something with more gain?

7. WEHJR68

WEHJR68 Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 8, 2010
    Posen, Illinois
    I did the same thing Ryan back in August and I absolutely love this V22. I'll never do ss amps again, there really is a difference.

I've not changed anything on mine nor have I seen ( or I should say, heard) a reason to yet.

8. Freshmen90

Freshmen90 New Member!

Jun 11, 2014
    Bahrain
    Proud owner of Bugera V5. A value for money amp. I have questions on tubes and bias. Hope u guys can shed some light on the matter. Pls check my recent post.

9. north east al

north east al Strat-Talk Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Hartlepool, England
    Just added a second 5 watter to my Bugera stable.. G5 Infinium head. So V5 for the clean vintage and the new model for everything else. Packed full of features for such an inexpensive amp. Initial thoughts are excellent value and tones. Playing it through a 112 Hayden Vintage 60 cab. The clean channel is bland but benefits from reverb and the effect loop nicely. Drive channel just does not do clean...great range of tones. Wee piccie....

ForumRunner_20140830_100112.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    Nick Evans likes this.

10. north east al

Sep 29, 2011
    Hartlepool, England
    Can't stop playing this amp. 1 watt mode cranked is awesome for home use. Put a pair of TAD tubes in. Very happy.

ForumRunner_20141104_203917.jpg

11. kevin54

kevin54 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2014
    Dorset, England
    Still need convincing to buy a V22

Hi guys,
    I am looking for a reasonably priced valve amp with good clean headroom, not to worried about too much dirt. I have seen the V22 for a good price from Thomann in Germany.

The difficulty is I'm still worried about their reliability and build quality (much anti-Bugera talk on web sites), and therefore need convincing. I have heard some rave reviews about the newer V22 infinium model and wondered if their reliability has improved.

So come on guys, convince me!

12. north east al

Sep 29, 2011
    Hartlepool, England
    I've got 2 different 5 watt Bugeras. No probs so far though the oldest is only a year and a home player. Infinium means no biasing needed so valve changes are simple. Read good reviews of the V22 but also the bigger heads. Lot of love these days as I think the old issues in manufacturing are gone now.

13. kevin54

kevin54 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2014
    Dorset, England
    Thanks for the info North east al. Hopefully will be having a NAD Christmas day!

14. JohnnyBones

JohnnyBones Strat-Talk Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Tennessee
    I've had my V22 for a year now and I absolutely love it! Completely trouble free.

15. nickpost

nickpost Strat-O-Master

NAD! Bugera V5!!!

Just got her in the mail. First impressions..... I just had a great time jamming on some Derick and the Dominos, on me strat with the switch set to position 4 (bridge and middle) for some early 70s champ-like quackery! Nice tube clipping.

The speaker needs a good breaking in so I set up by Boss looper and played a long 12 bar blues in E with lots running up and down the neck. Left her looping upstairs and hope to go back in a few hours to a less piercing speaker.

I have a NOS Mullard 6l6 and tung sol 12ax7 on the way also!

This is my first buggsy and I figure you cant beat the price for a little 5 watter with these features.... I was really missing tube saturation now that I gave up gigging for a little while and my higher wattage amps just dont sound so good at home. Anyway I think I find the cure for my ails! Looking forward to tinkering with her too!

16. nickpost

nickpost Strat-O-Master

Update. This little amp kicks some serious tube butt! Love it!

Sounds especially nice goosed with a boost pedal. Takes pedals well

The Mullard 6l6 and Tung Sol 12ax7 sound great. Cleans are glassy. Gain is creamy.

Lovin it on the .01 watt setting with volume and gain cranked, goosed with a soul food with volume 3 oclock and gain at 9. The soul food has such a querky strange gain sound but in a good way. Where it seems almost too bright on my fender amps, it's perfect for a darker amp like the V5.

17. nickpost

nickpost Strat-O-Master

Man its lonely in here....

So a month or so later I'm still lovin my v5 but as you know it's a little on the dark side, I ordered a Jensen Mod speaker. Should have Monday. Ive never really been a fan of Jensen as the ones I have heard had no girth to them. Flat and thin sounding. Anyway this Mod 8 supposedly has some balls to it so we will see..... And Im also lovin the cheap price tag of just about any 8" driver! 30 bucks aint bad at all!

Ill post the results..

18. mfranzdorf

mfranzdorf Strat-O-Master

Dec 29, 2013
    ohio
    I agonized over my last amp purchase.mi was SO close to getting a Bugera, but decided on a Blackstar. Still might be one in my future. I think I watched every single Bugera demo on YouTube.

19. nickpost

nickpost Strat-O-Master

Me too. It is sweet. Reminds me of my old champ or peavey classic 20. Its true that it is a touch dark, for me anyway, with a humbuggie. The stock speaker cant handle the low end of my strat's neck pups.... but both strats have bass heavy cs 69s. However, it is perfection with my Teles! Unreal IMO.

GET ONE. YOU WONT BE DISSAPPOINTED.

20. nickpost

nickpost Strat-O-Master

Just got the Jensen Mod 8 installed and WOW what animprovement! The benchmark was whether or not it can handle the neck pups on my strats and I can happily say that speaker has thump in spades. the original got all farty on me with a strat or humbuggie neck pup. The jensen has a bit of low end for a 8" and a good amount of honk too. sounds like a 10 incher. Also this amp got a tad brighter. the true test for that will be my les paul but I didnt have the time. I set up a thick chord progression with a tail end lead up and down the neck and set that to loop for a few hours. More thoughts later.