Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Bugera Owners' Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Old Mojo, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Tazz3

Tazz3 Strat-O-Master

Aug 28, 2013
    East islip ny.
    image.jpg I have a bugera V 22 head and bugera 112 cab the amp is aweaome and the speaker is not bad its starting to break in
    I own it a few months it sounds like a fender :)

2. StevePMo

StevePMo Strat-Talk Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Saint Louis
    I have the same setup, plus a Zoom G3Xn. Love it!

Attached Files:

3. papergoblin

papergoblin Strat-Talker

Sep 21, 2017
    Alabama
    I've got the T5 head and love it. The chrome basket looks so much better in person than any pics show. I wish it had an FX loop but the reverb more than makes up for it.

johnnymg likes this.

4. Seth McCormick

Seth McCormick Strat-Talk Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Broussard, Louisiana
    I've got a V22 Infinium and I love it but I there is a weird thing going on. Occasionally I get low pitched bubbling/popping sounds.

I thought it might be a loose tube so I pulled all of them out and re-seated them. That made a big difference. But I still get it sometimes.

Has anyone with a V22 seen this? Have you solved or not solved this issue?

Thanks.

5. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    Just got the T5 head and have done a bit of playing through it.
    Caveat: This is the first 5W tube amp I've played through. I also own a 20W Blackstar HT 20 head, a Katana 100 combo, and Mustang III. I'm using a Blackstar 2x12 cab.

T5 first impressions: The amp is fairly quiet from a background noise/hiss perspective. Quieter than the Blackstar. It has a nice slightly squishy tone. The built in reverb sounds very good albeit with way too much reverb available. The two negatives that jumped out to me was the rather modest clean headroom and a slight muddiness and lack of snap to pick attack. From reading other reviews I guess I was expected more clean headroom from the amp. The amp starts to break up at what I would call modest bedroom volume. There's no way this amp could even begin to get stage loud without significant breakup. The fat switch boosts the volume and darkens the tone but also causes the amp to break up even earlier.

So, I replaced the stock Bugera labeled 12AX7 preamp tube with a JJ 12AT7 and that got me a bit more clean headroom and a bit more tonal clarity. Still not what I would call clean at modest-loud bedroom volume by any means. I have a replacement JJ EL84 coming in so I'm eager to see if that helps with the clarity/snap. It could be that 'it is what it is' when it comes to 5W and clean headroom. ??? Again, this 5W arena is new territory for me.

FWIW, my normal amp is the Katana 100 and it can get insanely loud with a clean tone. It also has a really hard attack with huge clarity so it may be that my impression of the T5 is tainted by my use of this amp. That said, I did do an A-B with the HT 20 head vs the T5 and the HT 20 is WAY louder, cleaner, and snappier than the T5.

When replacing the preamp tube in the T5 I noticed the fairly small output transformer. That got me wondering about a replacement. ???

Back after I get the EL84 replacement.

Edit: Just found a long thread on V5 (T5) mods on another forum. Search for "tweaking the Bugera V5 Circuit" and you will find it. Lots of good info on tone mods including getting more clean headroom. Yeah baby................. :thumb:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017