Join Strat-Talk Today

Burns Trisonic Wiring Help!

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by OLDGREYGIT, Oct 23, 2016.

1. OLDGREYGIT

OLDGREYGIT Senior Stratmaster

Just got a set of the Burns Stratocaster sized Trisonics. They are three wire!
    I'm intending to start their life wired up as if they were standard Strat single coils before I progress onwards to the more bonkers Brian May 'Red Special' style wiring.
    Anyone got a simple wiring diagram for me to have a go at?
    I would like to have the tone control on the bridge as well as the middle pickup.
    Thanks in advance team.

ps, will I need a poodle perm to be able to play this guitar in public?

2. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Senior Stratmaster

I have a Burns Cobra guitar which comes with Tri-sonics standard wired as David Gilmour's but with a pull / push to engage the neck pickup. I cannot find the schematic at the mo. You will not be disappointed with those pickups, they are quieter than any strat pickup I have tried and got more oomph to boot. I found these here: 1477510762327.jpg 1477510772090.jpg 1477510790846.jpg
    Best of luck, if I find the Gilmour mod I will post that to you. It's simple enough to be effective but not complex like Mr May's!!

3. OLDGREYGIT

Cheers! The Mini Trisonics I have are a three wire output, earth, positive and negative! I'm guessing that I can wire the earth with the negative together to ground.
    But I'm guessing.........................
    I've put together a bitza for the pickups, alder body, rosewood neck and a Bladerunner trem.
    My ideal wiring would just be as a standard Strat, with no Brian May complications.

Nick Evans likes this.
  4. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Senior Stratmaster

Yes you are correct just wire the negative and ground together.

5. OLDGREYGIT

Cheers Nick, sorry for the delay in my reply!
    Been 'off the map' faffing around with a Les Paul Deluxe..........................

Nick Evans likes this.
  6. stevierayfan91

stevierayfan91 Striving To Utilize Empathy & Mutual Respect Strat-Talk Supporter

hi, buddy

how are you and Tom-doggie doing this week?

after my next 62 pay periods, I will be able to afford vintage seventies goldtop Les Paul Deluxe.

Nick Evans likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.