Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Camac Strat

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Shoreline Gold, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Shoreline Gold

Shoreline Gold Strat-Talker

I have a strat with the word CAMAC written across the headstock. It looks to be custom-made sometime in the 70's. It's got an ebony board with mother of pearl inlays and a 5 piece mahogany/maple neck. Flame maple top on an ash(?) body with a black-red-yellow burst. It's a back-routed construction with a HB in the neck and two SC in the mid and bridge. It's got toggle switches for all the pickups and an extra switch which changes the highs. Serial no. 0138.

I was wondering about the origin of this guitar and how much it would approximately be worth? Any other information would be good too.

2. TheStratMan

TheStratMan New Member!

Camac strat "info"

Hi,

There seems to be very limited amount of information available. I have spotted 1 ebay item that is similar. Here is the link (seller initially thought it was japanese but it may be italian and made in seventies)
    eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerst

please use translator (google or similar) to translate. Maybe the seller can tell a little bit more.

Some indications of the brand still existing (these are harps)

Waltons - Search Results

It is not known to me if this is the same company at all but you could ask.

BTW. I would be interested buing your guitar if you have intentions to sell it.

3. Pete McC

Pete McC Senior Stratmaster

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. TheStratMan

TheStratMan New Member!

Japanese it is then. What I was bidding for and eventually lost due to unfortunate circumstances in ebay was this one

Ash body lookin pretty pretty...

No I need to find my soldering iron and chisel and a couple of Bill Lawrence humbuckers and that old Columbus strat project to copy that...:)Dang!

Attached Files:

6. TheStratMan

TheStratMan New Member!

I got it by 2nd chance

Hi,

Probably you think I'm crazy raving about it but I got it! Ebay 2nd chance because 1st buyer backed off for some reason. Maybe it's a hoax and I'm the jack ass:D

Hope the guit aint crap. It very well could be.. haha. ;)

Anyway that kind of coil split and phase reverse is uncommon to most guitars with the exception of Jimmy Page LP and probably some more.

I have a Blackie and Finnish top luthier Ruokangas made strat so if Camac sucks I will caress my loved ones even dearly. TheStratMan is deranged...

I'll post something with more sensible content next time...

7. Shoreline Gold

Shoreline Gold Strat-Talker

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry that I never saw this until now, but that picture is exactly the guitar I have, but with different knobs.

Thank you for this information. I never knew it was Japanese though, always assumed it was French.

That's really cool of you to find that for me. For the life of me, I could never figure out anything about this guitar.

Thanks a lot, Pete.

8. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Strat-Talker

SSH...I think that is sweet!