Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Can anyone identify this rail?

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by Bug10, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Bug10

Bug10 Senior Stratmaster

Hey, i got this pickup in a trade. I was told they thought it was an older SD hot rail. I can figure out how to wire it, because i dont know what diagram to use.

Attached Files:

2. Bug10

Bug10 Senior Stratmaster

The reading is 12.04k if that helps. Altough its looking like it is an old hot rail.

3. htwheelz67

htwheelz67 Senior Stratmaster

Black is hot green is ground and red/white together if you just want humbucker or wired to a switch if you want coil splitting, it does look like an old hot rails, some imports also look like that but the wire colors are in different locations on the pup, how did you get the 12k reading? did you connect the red/wht together? if your using them with std fender pups you may have to make green hot and black ground.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Bug10

Bug10 Senior Stratmaster

To get 12k i did green and bare as ground and black as hot (just like the SD website.)

6. htwheelz67

htwheelz67 Senior Stratmaster

if you connect the red/wht together and test it you should get around 16-17k if its a bridge model

7. Bug10

Bug10 Senior Stratmaster

Alright guys, wiered problem. It's like only one of the coils is working. No matter what I do, I get a reading around 5.85. Just under half what the normal reading is.

8. Bug10

Bug10 Senior Stratmaster

9. Scott Marceau

Scott Marceau Strat-Talk Member

It is an old Hot Rails. Enjoy!