Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Can u help identify this strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Tomkat, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Tomkat

Tomkat Strat-Talk Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Calabasas
    hi guys, just bought this beauty of Craigslist. The guy that sold it said that neck and body is a Japanese strat and the pickguard, pot and wiring was swapped over from a 2002 fat strat. I can’t find a serial number. On the headstock there is a vintage logo and it says with syncronized Tremolo and there are 3 numbers below that. It appears to be a sticker though including the logo.

However the guy sold it to me for real cheap so he did t try to screw me over. The guitar plays amazing by the way and I positively surprise about the aftermarket pickups as well. Hope you guys can help

Attached Files:

2. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    How much did you invest in this? I wish you had consulted with us before you gave the guy the cash...

3. Ebidis

Ebidis Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    Hate to tell you this, but that's a fake. At least I can tell that it's not a real Fender neck, but it's hard to tell about the body.

4. alderre

alderre Strat-Talker

May 1, 2014
    New Braunfels
    I'm almost finished putting mine together.

That looks like an affinity with some homemade relic'ing

[​IMG]

Paperback Rocker, Yves and Ebidis like this.

5. alderre

alderre Strat-Talker

May 1, 2014
    New Braunfels
    Maybe he meant Chinese instead of Japanese

nuculer terrist likes this.

6. alderre

alderre Strat-Talker

May 1, 2014
    New Braunfels
    I hope you didnt pay more than $50

Yves likes this.

7. papergoblin

papergoblin Strat-Talker

Sep 21, 2017
    Alabama
    Pull the guard off when you change strings, that will tell what the body is.

8. Tomkat

Tomkat Strat-Talk Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Calabasas
    Ok thank you, I paid 250 for it. I knew it was a gamble but I thought that since it has two Seymour Duncan pickups it’s worth the gamble. I have a MIM as well as an American Strat but this guitar plays just as well.

9. Ebidis

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    Again, I hate to say it, but even with the SD pickups, you payed $200 too much for that guitar.

10. Tomkat

Tomkat Strat-Talk Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Calabasas
    Doesn’t the shape of this fender headstock almost look identical?

Attached Files:

11. Tomkat

Tomkat Strat-Talk Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Calabasas
    Ok thanks

12. robotguitar

robotguitar Senior Stratmaster

Oct 5, 2009
    california
    The neck is a Squier at best with some interesting relic work. The body might be different but I have a feeling that the middle pickup is probably stock and might tell what the guitar is. If it was misrepresented then you overpayed, but you might get close to that selling a hot rodded reliced Squier to the right person.

13. Ebidis

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    The dead giveaway is the truss rod hole on the headstock. A real fender will always have a bullet, a walnut plug or a black plastic sleeve on some MIM models, but NEVER a bare wood hole.

Am sorry you got taken advantage of, I hate seeing this, and unfortunately we see it all the time on ST, but on the bright side, at least the pickups are nice. If you were to take them out of the guitar and sell them separately, you can probably get about $40 each for them, but is the single coil also a SD pickup?

I you part out the whole guitar, you could probably recoup your money, but if it plays nice, and you like it, just keep it and play the snot out of it.

nuculer terrist and Tomkat like this.

14. robotguitar

robotguitar Senior Stratmaster

Oct 5, 2009
    california
    Was there any routing under the pickguard?

15. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 14, 2009
    Southeast USA
    No matter what you paid, it looks cool... how does it sound and play? Maybe whatever extra you paid will be made up in tone and mojo!

:thumb:

16. Tomkat

Tomkat Strat-Talk Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Calabasas

The guy that sold it said that the pickguard and pickups where swapped over from an American Strat and therefore the middle pickup would have to be the stock America. Strat pickup. However since he might have lied about the body then he would have lied about the pickguard and pickups as well.

What’s weird is that it sound and plays really well.

17. Tomkat

Tomkat Strat-Talk Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Calabasas
    It sound absolutely brilliant plays really easy and nice that’s why I am really surprised that it’s not a real fender. It also has unique switch next to the volume that lets you switch the neck mini Humbucker into a single coil mode.

Paperback Rocker likes this.

18. Tomkat

Tomkat Strat-Talk Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Calabasas
    I will check

19. Ebidis

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    Like I said, if it plays good, then play it. :thumb:

I have Squiers that are excellent guitars. Squiers can be excellent players, they just aren't worth Fender money, and in the grand scheme of things, $250 is not terrible for a good guitar.

Pop the hood on that thing, and we can probably tell you what the body and the middle pickup are.

nuculer terrist and Tomkat like this.

20. Tomkat

Tomkat Strat-Talk Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Calabasas
    Really appreciate all your help. I have one other question, assuming it’s a Squier, do they have rolled frets? My guitar has really nice rolled frets