Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Celebrate your 40 year old Tokai's.

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by felis, Dec 17, 2017.

1. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Yes I think 1980 will be the biggest year for celebrations on here, I'll have three that reach their 40th then, all sunburst, unfortunately. There were a lot more made in 1980 than 1978, it seems.

Gunny and bonedust like this.
  2. Gunny

Gunny Strat-Talker Gold Member

Jan 20, 2017
    TEXAS
    That’s sweet! I’ve always wanted a vintage Tokai but I don’t know enough about them to know a real from a fake nor how to tell the years?

felis likes this.
  3. felis

felis Senior Stratmaster

Nov 27, 2013
    Antwerp/Belgium
    Go pre 1982 (for Fender replica model; Breezy/Springy), then you can tell the production date by the first number of the 7 digit serial number. ;)

Gunny likes this.
  4. Gunny

Jan 20, 2017
    TEXAS
    I appreciate the knowledge, but, what’s the signs of a fake or do you know of an honest source to purchase pre 1982 Breezy/Springy? Any bit you can tell me will be a bit I don’t know! LOL! Even a good site I can go to, to learn about these? Thanks Felix!

felis likes this.
  5. Gunny

Jan 20, 2017
    TEXAS
    What a sweet looking guitar! The neck is beautiful!

felis likes this.
  6. Gunny

Jan 20, 2017
    TEXAS
    There’s not many types of people that I dislike(to put it mildly)in this world more than thieves! I had my completely original 1958 Tele stolen many years ago & I still have a knot in my gut every time I think of it!

7. Gunny

Jan 20, 2017
    TEXAS
    Sorry but “LMAO”!!!!

8. rolandson

rolandson Most Honored Senior Member

That so totally sucks.

I had a rather interesting experience some years back...

My first electric was a 1967 Mustang which I sold in 1972. Fast forward a decade or so and I am at a club as part of the house band hosting a god awful jam night. Up walks this fellow with a Mustang that looked very familiar, so I complimented him on his vintage piece and asked if I could see it. I immediately went to the back of the neck to see if it had "the blemish" that mine had.

It did. So I exclaimed to all around, "Holy Sh*t! This is my old Mustang!!

The guy ran.

I really didn't mean to scare him...I just thought it cool to come across my old guitar.

I wound up calling the local constabulary and asking them if this particular instrument was on their "stolen sheet?" It was. So a detective came out the next day, collected the guitar and I presume reunited it with its aggrieved owner. Either that or took it home for himself. He also took a description of the fellow and the night's sign up sheet. Maybe a thief got nailed, maybe not.

Moral of the story boys and girls:
    Don't seal stuff.

9. felis

felis Senior Stratmaster

Nov 27, 2013
    Antwerp/Belgium