Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Challenge #253 (G Harmonic Minor)

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Ebidis, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Strat-O-Master

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    @Ebidis - Thanks for the cool backer Ebidis. That's quite a sustain and vibrato you have on this track! Cool spaced out jammin'.

@knh555 - I think your "not to busy" approach works well with this track Kevin. Nice guitar parts and technique weaving in and out of the backer for a cool trip.

@mjark - Nice tone and use of delay. Builds on the backer's trance-like vibe. Nice!

@montemerrick - ("Waiting for..."). I read your guitar rig run down you provided Monte and I've recently seen a pic of it in an older post. I think it is great as exhibited by the tone and lines at your intro. Very cool stuff.

@Raimonds - Very powerful and sweet soloing here Raimonds. Great tone and riffs!

@Omar - As noted earlier, nice mix. The guitar sounds great and "fits" the track nicely. Nice vibe.

@davidKOS - The nai is very cool and sounds great. The nai and the nylon guitar's melodic lines are sweet. Cool demo!

@montemerrick - ("an example..."). Again nice guitar tone and cool thematic riffage.

@roger@pennyflic - That is an awesome arrangement Roger and the guitar tone and soloing are smokin'! The segue to dueling bango's theme made jump out of my seat! Very cool!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    davidKOS, Omar and montemerrick like this.

2. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    um. Nobody sounds like @Brian H

3. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Apart from a bit of synth-based whimsy, this is a one-shot deal from me. On the plus side, it comes with a free story, which happens to be true. However, it was in India, not Egypt.

mjark, davidKOS, s5tuart and 4 others like this.

4. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts

hahaha! That is awesome!

5. Alan L Cole

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    @simoncroft - That's pretty cool Simon. The guitar sounds awesome and that melody is in the theme's groove. Very cool guitar technique, tone and solo! Loved the outro.

6. montemerrick

montemerrick spiritual birthday, April 1 Strat-Talk Supporter

@roger@pennyflic - that's pretty crazy! quite epic! could have been O'Toole's theme in The Stunt Man...

@simoncroft - wow! you've really given this an almost Bond-ian level of ominous intrigue.o like the whimsical synth- it softens the portentiousness of the backing track considerably... the guitar fills, trills, and thrills were terrific!

7. fezz parka

fezz parka On...for Omar. Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Undisclosed.

8. montemerrick

montemerrick spiritual birthday, April 1 Strat-Talk Supporter

@fezz parka - just add Johnette Napolitano and all will be fine... this is dynamite... dark and brooding and full of the creatures of the night.

davidKOS, Omar and fezz parka like this.

9. fezz parka

fezz parka On...for Omar. Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Undisclosed.
    I wish. My favorite singer....

I could hear the coyotes yipping before I hit the red button. Inspirational critters. :)

No wiggle stick. Just my Tele-Gib

0208182140.jpg

davidKOS, Alan L Cole and Omar like this.

10. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Hmmmmmm. So far out of my experience that I don't know what to think.

11. Brian H

Brian H Senior Stratmaster

Feb 7, 2016
    Delaware

12. Omar

Omar Most Inquisitive Junior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 9, 2017
    Marbella, Spain
    Thank you so much Chris! Very tensive and energetic track. As Monte said, it’s adventurous. :thumb:

fezz parka likes this.

13. Omar

Aug 9, 2017
    Marbella, Spain
    This took me back to the days I used to roam Hijaz deserts and spend nights under moonlight. I love the Nai, one of my favourite instruments. Thank you David, that was wonderful indeed:)

Alan L Cole and davidKOS like this.

14. Omar

Aug 9, 2017
    Marbella, Spain
    @montemerrick

Listen to the Nai at 7m24s if I’m not mistaken, it’s in Hijaz makam (scale).

simoncroft, davidKOS and montemerrick like this.

15. Alan L Cole

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    Wow, that was friggin' awesome Chris - that tone and that very cool turnaround! Very nice.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Omar and fezz parka like this.

16. Alan L Cole

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    Epic guitar soloing Mark and nice track! I also like your video production - cool.

Omar likes this.

17. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    Crazy good stuff Brian.

Omar likes this.

18. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    Thanks Monte. That Tele (Esquire actually) is one I just got a couple of weeks ago from my bass player. Traded him a bass for it. It has crazy good tone and feel.

19. Omar

Aug 9, 2017
    Marbella, Spain
    Thank you Monte! You just added two new words into my vocabulary bank :D

Many thanks Alan. I should give it another go tonight.

20. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    @Ebidis – Proof that Teles and Esquires have no sustain, with a thin tone that makes them suitable only for Country. :whistling: Joking apart, monster tone and a really dark note selection make this heavier than a Black Sabbath track played in a cemetery.

Whatever bass you traded, I think you got the better deal.

@knh555 – Very atmospheric! It didn’t occur to me to add a bass track, but there is a cinematic quality to your take. You’ve added a lot to this musically without making it busy, so I’d say you’ve nailed it completely.

@mjark – Clams can happen in an instant, well developed ideas can take a little longer. Your use of delays is very effective, especially as they can produce some unintended dissonances when the underlying chord goes up a tone.

@Alan L Cole – You made the whole track sound epic! You really got me with the rests as well, even though I noticed the waveform dip. There’s something “the day Jimi jammed with Floyd” about this, which has got to be good.

@montemerrick – 1. Yeah, you know your way round this, for sure. And you’ve put your own stamp on the track. There’s a very delicate, almost Oriental, sense to your approach. Very nice indeed.

@Raimonds – You have a good set of ears, and you’re more than capable of jamming over these changes without conscious thoughts of key or scale patterns. Actually, this is a bloody good solo. If the vocalist had come in at about 4:38, you’d have been home and dry.

@Omar – You are so on the money with this! Your note choices are great and even your bends have a genuinely Arabic feel to them. You’ve managed to imply microtonal scales without sounding out of tune, which is awesome.

Ah, I just saw your later posts. I guessed you were familiar with the cultures of the Middle East.

@davidKOS – I hope your very welcome contribution might mean we’ll see a bit more of you round here. As I said before, your take was great.

@montemerrick – 2. This take is so delicate, it makes your first take sound like an impression of Robin Trower! I’m not sure what it’s called but I’m pretty certain I’ve heard a Japanese instrument that sounds uncannily like your tone here.

@roger@pennyflic – You constantly surprise me. The end made me burst out laughing! (Just so you know I listened until the end…) There’s some very nice guitar playing on there, but I started to wish the brass section would develop their theme a little.

@fezz parka – Well I hope @Omar keesp his requests up, because this was a really great take. We all need to be reminded of the importance of establishing a theme before we attempt to wear the frets down. That’s a lovely guitar too.

@Brian H – Talking of establishing themes, this is a massively powerful opening gambit, and you really take it places. If a movie director is looking for a piece of music that speaks of victory gained at terrible cost, here it is Ridley.