Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Challenge #257 The Iceman Cometh

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by montemerrick, Mar 8, 2018.

1. roger@pennyflic

roger@pennyflic Senior Stratmaster

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    and here is mine..

Edit: Hang on. something wrong with that, I'll fix it

That's a bit better

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Strat-O-Master

Aug 6, 2015
    Ontario,Canada
  3. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Senior Stratmaster

Oct 12, 2016
    US
    Wow, you took this BT in a completely different direction. Made me laugh...cool stuff! These are all great takes in this thread, but I just had to call this one out :).

Mellencaster likes this.
  4. montemerrick

montemerrick spiritual birthday, April 1 Strat-Talk Supporter

@knh555 - tres moderne! i mean, mod AF! i'm doing the swim sitting in my chair and the cat is laughing at me and i don't care. right on!

omg that is so creepy... i love this more than i should, i'm sure.

@Ebidis - i like that guitar. i think when you play it you get a more raw vibe going... whether its the guitar or you i don't know... you sound like a gt40 being wound out on the back climb at Laguna Seca and snarling through the corkscrew. miss that corner and your blues is as meaningful as they get.

@dogletnoir - youre taking me back to the other Chicago blues, Memphis Minnie and Kansas Joe McCoy, Big Bill Broonzy, spats and pinstripes and jaunty pleasure in the hard times... really nice. i'd buy a whole record of this and tell all my friends.

@mjark - apologizing for being awesome! that's so mid-Atlantic! (the shore of delaware bay born and raised) - this is terrific... it's perfect basically. like a squirrel or a cloud. it's really real. hats off!

@Alan L Cole - oh yes. first note grabbed me by the collar and said looka here! and i said will do! cool tone! trumpety in places! ferocious attack - your band needs to step it up a notch! and you need an organ and then a tour bus and then bring it to Humboldt, please! you are tearing it up! are you playing this on your Jaguar?

@BallisticSquid - sounds great! right in the vibe and swinging! you get in, get it done and get out. nice!!

@roger@pennyflic - cool soft tone, really gives it all a different feel... a gentle day hang gliding 1000 feet above dear mother earth... super cool vibe! very nice very nice indeed!

@Mellencaster - Super Groovy and Far OUT!!!! love it!!

Mellencaster, Ebidis and Omar like this.
  5. blasphemoustrat

blasphemoustrat Most Honored Senior Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Pa
  6. montemerrick

@blasphemoustrat - that's just fantastic. that's a funky blues full of what have you and vinegar. your ease and abandon are the hallmark of one who knows the language... preach it!

Omar and blasphemoustrat like this.
  7. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Strat-O-Master

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    @montemerrick - I hear some of the Iceman in there Monte with your repeating note picking. Your playing seems to have opened up a bit here with more technique and varied riffs.

@knh555 - Like the duel guitar work and tone Kevin. Slip sliding on ice man.

@Ebidis - Still got some of the early John Fogerty vibe going here for me Ebidis. Definetly some nice tone here.

@dogletnoir - I would have brought up the levels on your lead work Dogletnoir. I like your attack, tone and riffs. Nice use of delay.

@mjark - Tone is king and yours is sweet and biting here Mark. Nice uptempo blues riffin'!

@BallisticSquid - Nice guitar work, rhythm and lead. Dig the tone and get the Texas Blues reference BallisticSquid.

@roger@pennyflic - A nice layed back vibe to this country infused blues track. Nice tone and cool guitar work Roger.

@Mellencaster - Really nice guitar work and recording Mike. The rotary fx is very organ like and is a nice addition.

@blasphemoustrat - "Mary's Little Lamb" in the house. Nice lamb chops!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  8. Alan L Cole

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    Thanks Monte. Yep, the Jaguar is showing its fangs here. The band and I work cheap and will be on the next bus to Humboldt but it might take a while. :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    montemerrick likes this.
  9. montemerrick

doggone it, now i might have to go listen to that! i liked the backing track and felt like it would call something besides the tried and true out of us ... i don't know if that's the case for others, but i felt a pull toward freedom. plus i really did just hit record and hope for the best, so anything i have to say about is pure speculation...

Alan L Cole likes this.
  10. TheDuck

TheDuck Most Honored Senior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    @Mellencaster - Cool tone and riffs. Very unique and sooooo 70s. Groovy!

@blasphemoustrat - Bring on that raunchy fuzz! Sweetness a plenty Bro, great take!

@roger@pennyfilc - Really nice track, with a great tone and smooth licks. Well played Sir!

@Ebidis - Classic honkin' tone and and a bit of attitude make for a cool track. Nice!

@dogletnoir - Old school vibe and tone. really easy on the ears Dog. Smooth!

@mjark - Great tone and vibe on this one. One of your best. Sweet!

@Alan L Cole - Cool steely tone and hot licks. You worked this one quite well. Cool!

@BallisticSquid - Smooooooooth and tasty. Very nicely done!

Apologies if I missed anyone.

Noahclem, Mellencaster, duzie and 5 others like this.
  11. montemerrick

@TheDuck - blistering tone and Clapton-esque groove! and a little bit of surfing with the alien! raunchy finesse!

TheDuck likes this.
  12. Raimonds

Raimonds Senior Stratmaster

Mar 28, 2015
    Latvia
    I am terribly sorry that you need to hear I cant play blues

Noahclem, mjark, Omar and 5 others like this.
  13. montemerrick

@Raimonds - ha! the more you talk your stuff down, the better it is... i've figured that out in the last three years at least! thats some nice funky playing with wonderful authoritative phrasing... the backing track is yours - you owned it and bent it to your needs... nice.

Noahclem likes this.
  14. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    Oh hey, this works out great! I actually used this track back in October:

Noahclem, mjark, TheDuck and 3 others like this.
  15. duzie

duzie Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 1, 2016
    northwest nj
    I absolutely love this
    Fantastic playing blasphemoustrat !!!

16. Alan L Cole

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    @TheDuck - Some really cool licks Mr. Duck. Cool fx and tone taking the Iceman in a different direction.

@Raimonds - Sounds bluesy to me Raimonds with some rock thrown in. It starts cranking as you work through the track.

@Dare1 - Closest yet to the great Mr. Collins. Got the bite and swagger. Nice Dare1!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    TheDuck likes this.
  17. TheDuck

TheDuck Most Honored Senior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    @Raimonds - Sounds good to me buddy. You may not know "how" to play Blues, but you definitely feel them.

@Dare1 - Damn man, you absolutely nailed this one. All I can say is ""DAMN!, THAT SH*T IS GOOD!"

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  18. montemerrick

@Dare1 - that brings the tone, the funk, and the attitude of the Iceman front and center! right on!

19. Omar

Omar Most Inquisitive Junior Jazzer Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 9, 2017
    Marbella, Spain
    My first try and best, so far.

20. montemerrick

@Omar - you're feeling it, you're grooving, you're hitting all the stops, you're driving the train. all you need is to never quit. (except smoking, that is.)

Omar likes this.