Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Challenge #266 - Under New Management

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by roger@pennyflic, May 9, 2018.

1. roger@pennyflic

roger@pennyflic Senior Stratmaster

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    Well it seems that it is time for @montemerrick to pass the baton and so he deserves all our thanks for the work he has done in keeping the Jams/Challenges going.

I am putting my hand up to look after the Thursday challenges while I believe @alainvey or/and @Brian H will be attending to the Sunday Jams.

I will be offering a slight change of format as I believe the voting process that has existed up until now has caused conflict. As such I will be posting 3 tracks each week and you may take your pick or in fact play all 3 if you wish. If you don't hear something you like on any particular week then give it a miss but please have a look the following week and see if anything takes your fancy.

There are 4 rules when considering posting a track.

1) Bring a sense of humour
    2) No complaining
    3) Refer rule 2
    4) There are no other rules

So, here are the 3 tracks for this week.

woops, seems like ST cannot handle all the media, another track follows

2. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
  3. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    for mine, I am uploading Breezin. I originally posted this one on the Jazz thread but was told I was not welcome.
    Please note that anyone and everyone is welcome here .... 'nuff said.

fezz parka, Omar, dogletnoir and 3 others like this.
  4. Brian H

Brian H Senior Stratmaster

Feb 7, 2016
    Delaware
    the first one has a different tune for the download. I think I will go with the You Tube version. But gonna have to play with that Soundcloud version too sometime. :thumb:

5. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    Woops, sorry folks. Forgive me while I get a system going. For this week, I'll leave them both there so we have 4 to choose from.

If anyone doesn't know how to rip an mp3 from a youtube video let me know and I will post the 1st one to soundcloud. Teething trouble people, that's all.
    Remember, keep ya sense of humour.:)

6. fezz parka

fezz parka Duke of DILLIGAF Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Right behind you...
    Well, that's an outright lie. You were politely told that it didn't conform to what we were putting forth in the jazz thread. You were told by both myself and @davidKOS that it was a nice take, but not conforming to the jazz format we were looking for.

Tell the truth, and don't misrepresent things. It's bad form.

Everyone is welcome in the Practical Jazz Workshop who wants to learn to play in the style of Jazz. Guidelines are posted at the beginning of each thread, and there will be critiques and suggestions made by the teaching team. If jamming is what you like to do, then this thread and others like it are a perfect outlet for that. The Practical Jazz Workshop has a specific goal: learning to play in the Jazz style.

If you get "not welcome" from what is written above...well I'm sorry you took it that way . There are no effusive "atta boys" in the PJW. Just straight forward critiques. And sometimes they will point out something you may not like to hear. :)

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  7. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    Well, how dare you sir. You have slighted the honor of my good self and my family. I demand retribution. (Removes white glove and slaps the black night on the cheek)
    I demand a duel. Guitars at 20 paces. Post your blues track and be done with this you scoundalous knave.

Can I just remind people of the only two rules here....

1) Bring your sense of humour
    2) No complaining.

Alan L Cole and davidKOS like this.
  8. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sorry. Yanks can only bring humor.

Mansonienne and roger@pennyflic like this.
  9. Chipper

Chipper Strat-Talker

Feb 6, 2018
    Andover Massachusetts
    Roger, Thanks so much for picking up the baton and posting three choices. Your rules are perfect for me. I'm learning so much watching and listening to you guys (women too?). I really appreciate it.

roger@pennyflic likes this.
  10. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Rules? We laugh at rules.. Bwahahaha. Anarchy is good.

Omar and roger@pennyflic like this.
  11. davidKOS

davidKOS Musician, Composer, Teacher Strat-Talk Supporter

May 28, 2012
    California
    All are welcome to participate on the PJW threads.

As long as you are willing to be part of the jazz workshop - virtual guitar teaching studio vibe.

I no longer accept guitar challenges... too many notches on my guitar neck anyway.

In all good humor, please do not criticize the Jazz Workshop thread, unless you are actually a part of it and are playing and learning jazz. :)

12. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    Now stop that, or I'll have to introduce a rule against it :mad:

13. dogletnoir

dogletnoir WBLV Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 1, 2013
    northeastern us

Wishing the 'new management' the best of luck with their endeavours!

14. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Yeah. Something about the insane running the asylum I believe. :)

Omar and dogletnoir like this.
  15. dogletnoir

dogletnoir WBLV Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 1, 2013
    northeastern us
    Plus ça change... :p

knh555 and davidKOS like this.
  16. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Strat-O-Master

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    I love your Aussie moxie and sense of humor Roger!

roger@pennyflic likes this.
  17. fezz parka

Apr 21, 2011
    Right behind you...
    So...not even an apology. Figures. There's humor, and then there's the other stuff. This falls into the latter.

As far as duels go, even those have rules. Stop by the PJW sometime. Let's see what you can really do. :)

::

Ebidis, Chipper, Omar and 2 others like this.
  18. Alan L Cole

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    I previously mentioned to Roger that I was sure he'd be welcomed at the jazz workshop, and that he just took something the wrong way and that appears to be what has happened Chris.

Omar, davidKOS and fezz parka like this.
  19. fezz parka

Apr 21, 2011
    Right behind you...
    Thanks for the explanation my friend, but it's obvious what happened. No worries. Just don't like a misrepresentation of the facts. Especially something with such a negative connotation. Someone was told their gold was pyrite, and took their lunchbox and went home.

The PJW is a welcoming environment for players of all skill levels , but like a good teacher, you will be told when you missed the mark, and you'll also be told how to fix it. :)

20. Alan L Cole

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    I hear you. Some of the animosity expressed in the jam and challenge threads has bummed me out - that and work has sidelined me for a bit lately. I deal with enough crap in general so I participate in sites like this for fun, learning and camaraderie. I love Roger and his humor and hope fences will be mended and we get a chance to learn some jazz and be better musicians together.