Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Challenge 288 - Break'n it Down

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Offshore Angler, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Offshore Angler

Offshore Angler Senior Stratmaster

Jan 3, 2009
    NY Finger Lakes Region
    This week's challenge: the funky break. You know - you're onstage 1/3 of the way through a triple or quad solo, you have a trajectory planned, you're setting up the next 12, and then the front-person yells out "Break it down!" and instead of a rhythm background it drops to just bass and drums and maybe a cut here and there.

This should be the most accessible track you'll play to in a while - but you got to keep the funky mojo across the breaks.

Omar and montemerrick like this.
  2. montemerrick

montemerrick spiritual birthday, April 1 Strat-Talk Supporter

i liked the track... so simple that my lacking the basics shows up almost immediately.

i rejected my first take, which then lead to rejecting the next five... at the seventh i put a stop to the madness...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Chipper, Raimonds and Omar like this.
  3. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
  4. montemerrick

that was pretty cool Mark! i've got a name for your band: Common Loon and the Divers! such an underwater vibe! like the breaks a lot! ry cooder returns to his beefheart roots!

Omar likes this.
  5. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
    I like to think of myself as an uncommon loon. But no doubt I’m in the middle of the flock.

6. montemerrick

i've always been annoyed by the use of Common in so many spectacular bird's names... Common Merganser, Common Murre, Common Raven, and certainly the Common Loon is the most regal of the family Gaviidae

7. Chipper

Chipper Strat-Talker

Feb 6, 2018
    Andover Massachusetts
    Here is mine. I got a little stuck on one idea. Sorry it gets a bit repetitive after a while.

Mellencaster and montemerrick like this.