Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Challenge #301

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by roger@pennyflic, Jan 10, 2019.

1. roger@pennyflic

roger@pennyflic Senior Stratmaster

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    Here's Thursday's Challenge and as per Monday the key is in the title (ie Challenge301a is in A, Challenge301b is in B etc)

plus the special bonus track.....

2. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    and my Thursday arvo dallying (SongA)

3. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    Your not mucking around @Relaxing at Cam. Straight in there. We'll done. I can't really listen on a tablet (that's the computer kind, not the little blue pill I just took) but you will be the 1st cab off the rank tomorrow morning.
    I'm lovin' you enthusiasm.:):)

s5tuart likes this.
  4. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
  5. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
  6. GuitarMechanic

GuitarMechanic Most Honored Senior Member

@roger@pennyflic That was a Bad Ass take very cool
    Relaxing and knh I couldn't open yours
    Here's mine #D of course with me
    One take in D, I didn't listen to it before posting so I hope the mix is alright

Alan L Cole, s5tuart, Chipper and 4 others like this.
  7. GuitarMechanic

GuitarMechanic Most Honored Senior Member

Nice

8. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
    B. is in D Major. The V chord is A.

9. knh555

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Thanks. It should be good now.

10. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Yorkshire
  11. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
  12. fretter

fretter Strat-Talker

Aug 19, 2014
    PA
    @roger@pennyflic thanks for posting. To me, it seemed like the track alternated between the keys of A and E.

13. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Senior Stratmaster

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    Here is my take on 301 C. Thank you Antipodean, Unclepodean and Roger:

14. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
  15. Chipper

Chipper Strat-Talker

Feb 6, 2018
    Massachusetts
    I'm just getting my sea legs back but my fingers seem to still be in the land of nod. I am so happy to post for the first time in a month. Youpee! Thanks Roger for the great choices above,. Maybe if I can wake up I will try the bonus tomorrow, sounds really cool.

Alan L Cole, mjark, s5tuart and 2 others like this.
  16. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    @Relaxing at Cam : Thanks for joining us man. Play on these Challenges/Jams for a year without making any judgement and then look back to the 1st one you did. I think you'll find these are a great way to enable your playing.:)

@knh555 : Once again making this one your own Kev with themes weaving in and out of the song. :) I'm curious how you do some of that without a pick ?? (The chunka, chunka bits)

@mjark : "Don Bernardo" I had a feeling you would go with this one. Nice sound and playing to suit the backing. Good work. :thumb:
    "VI IV I V" There is a beautiful run that starts at 1:27. For me the whole track (of course I listen to them all) was worth it just for that run. :)
    "Listless". Don't know where you got that dog picture from but it's classic. A great laid back track this one and you did it justice :thumb:
    @GuitarMechanic : Very tasteful, it seems you have an affinity for the Jazz ones (and you went the full 10 minutes:eek: ). WE should try and keep 'em coming so that YOU will. :thumb:

@fretter : It sounds like the 1st tune is a popular one. I liked the delay you were getting after the slide down the fretboard. Nicely done. :thumb:

@Nick Evans : B:Yep, nice thick sound and splendid playing with some great licks. :thumb: A: Another nice take, I can hear that you understand the track. Great work, I'm looking forward to more of your takes. :thumb:
    P.S. It's the ones you don't have a feel for (The Jazz one) that you learn the most from.​

@Alan L Cole : Excellent blues track Alan. Those two guitars just wandered their way thru the tune, compilmenting each other while not getting in the way. I expected no less. :)

@Chipper : Looks like you are up and about Chipper. Great to have you back, the layback one is probably a good choice (Don't wanna over do things:D) Good sound and tastefully done. :thumb:

@Thrup'ny Bit : Sorry dude, I have no idea what song D is. I found a nice backing track site which links the videos to youtube. I didn't really look to see if their was any info. I do a youtube download and them upload them to soundcloud so I don't even have a url I could give you. Sorry man. :oops:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Alan L Cole, rafasounds and Chipper like this.
  17. Chipper

Chipper Strat-Talker

Feb 6, 2018
    Massachusetts
    Nick Evans likes this.
  18. knh555

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    After figuring a few things out, I did the main lead as an improv. Then I added the slide, b/c, well, slide. is. cool.

Rhythmically, I found this one to be quite fun.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019