Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Changed pickguard, did I do this right?

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by Sunburst413, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Sunburst413

Sunburst413 Senior Stratmaster

Aug 26, 2011
    Carolina
    Hey,

I got a shell pickguard to go with my Sunburst Strat and changed it today. It went smoothly except when I was ready to put the pots back in there was two washers sitting on them after I had removed them from the pickguard. I thought I lost one of them but it was stuck to the bottom of the old pickguard. So I guess my question is these three washers, they go on the UNDERside of the pickguard over the three knobs, then the nut gets tightened on the other side on the TOPside of the pickguard. Right?

And then its done. Does that make sense? Thanks. I also think I put them in the same side and direction they were facing to make sure it works right. Im not positive, but think so.

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Usually there is a washer under and over....in my experience....but if there's only one then it's over....

as long as your knobs aren't sitting too high when you're done you're good....

3. Sunburst413

Sunburst413 Senior Stratmaster

Aug 26, 2011
    Carolina
    Ok thanks, there was the 3 "star" washers on the underside, and then the nut that screws on top to tighten it on top. On a new mexican Standard Strat.

4. Hippieway

Hippieway Strat-Talker

Mar 16, 2009
    Virginia
    Star washers are always on the back side.