Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Char - Hisato Takenaka

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by guitarutopia, Sep 7, 2011.

1. guitarutopia

guitarutopia Strat-Talker

Mar 29, 2009
    Western Australia
    If you like SRV, Robin Trower, Eric Clapton, Hendrix etc... then you may like the sound of guitarist 'CHAR'
    He is 56yr old Hisato Takenaka. He is one of the top Japanese guitarists of all time.
    He has been around since approx 1976 and I only discovered him 2 years ago.
    Very hard to purchase his CD's or DVD's outside of Japan but thanks to youtube I have now over 100 very good video clips of him and his past bands Pink Cloud etc. His best known track is 'Smoky'
    Search youtube for Char and Hisato Takenaka.
    He has played with some of the worlds best musicians.
    Wish I had discovered him years ago, i have learnt alot by watching him.
    I would say he would be up there as one of the best guitarists in the world.
    I managed to obtain a DVD of "BRIAN SETZER, HOTEI & CHAR - "Super Soul Sessions", recorded live at Tokyo's Nippon Budokan on January 20, 2007"
    One of his best performances !!!
    try and find a clip on youtube of "Another Face' a live outdoor concert performace about 8 mins long it is a fantastic instrumental of his.
    I would like to know how many people on this forum have heard of CHAR ?
    Also, the Fender website is saying that they are doing a signature Strat for Char this year.

2. Lseries64

Lseries64 Strat-Talker

May 9, 2011
    Luxembourg
    Yup, I heard of him a few years ago. That guy kicks some serious butt! I had seen some footage of him and Brian Setzer on Stage and something he did together with Steve Lukather.

3. Muzzlebreak

Muzzlebreak Senior Stratmaster

Jan 15, 2011
    Houston
  4. Lseries64

Lseries64 Strat-Talker

May 9, 2011
    Luxembourg
    Yup, that´s the one.