Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

cheese sandwich and coffee

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by cappei, Oct 10, 2018.

1. archetype

archetype Strat-O-Master

Nov 26, 2016
    Williamsville NY
    For my wife and me, every morning: I make two double espressos topped up with soy milk and two ice cubes in a mug. Then I pop open an unsweetened yogurt apiece.

Weekends my wife makes eggs scrambled with sauteed shallots, smoked salmon, and cream cheese. She got the idea from a favorite restaurant in NYC.

tery likes this.
  2. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    A glass of metamucil (helps keep me full all morning) and a cup of coffee.

CigBurn likes this.
  3. Passghetti

Passghetti Strat-Talker

Sep 20, 2018
    Sin City
    Its the music that nourishes you! me too

4. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    "I went to a restaurant that served 'breakfast at any time'. So I ordered French toast during the Renaissance." - Steven Wright

I thought there was only a rule against drinking alcoholic beverages before noon?
    I find it interesting that for some cultures, the afternoon meal tends to be the big meal, and they'll eat something smaller in the evening. Also, there are parts of the US that use the word "lunch" for the afternoon meal and "dinner" for the evening meal, whereas in other parts of the US, they say "dinner" for the afternoon meal and "supper" for the evening meal. Recently I read why that is - In the past, the word "dinner" referred to the big meal of the day, and in some parts of the US, I suppose people would have their biggest meal of the day in the afternoon, while in other parts of the US, people usually have their biggest meal in the evening (hence the word "dinner" for the evening meal).

rafasounds likes this.
  5. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    Bet your just a gas to work with.. :)

CalicoSkies and sam_in_cali like this.
  6. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

Aug 25, 2011
    Brazil
    You guys in Chile are known for your good cheese and wine. How about adding some wine to your breakfast?

Well, I was always a fan of the ''hungry wolf hunts better'' philosophy. I function better when I dont have aanything in my stomach. So I always preferred to have just some cups of coffee in the morning before going to work. Just the amount necessary to make me feel like biting traffic signs, then I know I'm good to go.
    My wife is an advocate of the ''eat every 3 hours'' philosophy. She also believes breakfast is the most important meaal of the day. I tried to get into that to make her company but just went back to my hungry wolf routine. I was always feeling like a giant bread warehouse, just putting in more mass that I didnt really need.

In Brazil the most important meal is at noon. People eat all kinds of crazy meat with rice, beans, eggs, fried onions, the heaviest stuff you can think of, then they go out to enjoy the gentle afternoon sun carrying all that food. It's a cultural thing. You can take anything out of a brazilian, just don't dare messing with his rice and beans with beef and cachaça (a strong liquor similar to vodka) at midday.

After eating this gentle meal at noon, we generally have a lighter lunch in late afternoon, and wait until dinner, when we eat another round of rice with beans, salads, meat, potatos, eggs, onions etc.

simoncroft likes this.
  7. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Damn I’m hungry now.

That looks friggin delicious

8. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Probably more frequently than I should I get a Bacon and and Cheddar on a buttered roll from the cafeteria. The last cook used to put more bacon on it than the current one so I’ve had to adjust.

9. duzie

duzie Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 1, 2016
    northwest nj
    No Starbucks for me !
    The political aspect of that franchise turned me off .
    Breakfast for me is home brewed coffee , homemade granola and vanilla yogurt.

circles likes this.
  10. montemerrick

montemerrick spiritual birthday, April 1 Strat-Talk Supporter

coffee and a "bumble bar"

[​IMG] [​IMG]

circles and duzie like this.
  11. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member

Dec 4, 2013
    largo,fl
    I once had Budweiser with my Rice Krispies cuz no one listens and let the milk spoil when we were camping.

rice based beer and rice based cereal is pretty good in a pinch.

simoncroft and Yaralag like this.
  12. Yaralag

Yaralag Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 28, 2014
    Cypress, TX
  13. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Given the choice, I don't get involved in mornings at all. If Keith Richards was staying at our place, he might be stomping around before I really wanted to get up.

Today was an exception, because my wife had an appointment at a hospital some miles away. We both had a slice of toast with Marmite (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite). I made some ham, tomato, pepper salad and mayo sandwiches to take with us, plus a couple of bananas. Dangerous, right?

We have our main meal in the evening. Tonight it was a slow-cooked beef goulash with new potatoes. Although we're a bit unconventional, we have a healthy diet.

Builders and other hard-working guys who often have an early start often go to a 'cafe' (aka Greasy Spoon over here, Sloppy Joe's in the US) to consume something like @Thrup'ny Bit showed. Obviously, it's Cholesterol City, but that's probably exactly what someone putting up three floors of scaffolding needs. I'm too old to be a scaffolder, or a builder, but I know how to place the order in an authentic manner.

You go up to the counter and say: "I'llHaveEggBaconMushroomsTomatoBakedBeansTwoFriedSlice, and a cup tea, please Maureen." I'm not exactly sure why, but the first part of the order has to be delivered at machine-gun speed, in a monotone. Whether it matters if the lady behind the counter is actually called Maureen, I have no idea.

While no one will beat you to a pulp for entering that type of independent establishment and asking for a caffe latte, you'll blend in a lot better if you use a serious swear-word before saying anything as up-market as 'caffe".

14. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog A Real Nowhere Man Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 20, 2012
    Not On Cloud 9
    He's also a heart attack waiting to happen. :whistling:

15. ZlurkCorzDog

Jan 20, 2012
    Not On Cloud 9
    Goolagfacebookapplestarbucks. All pure evil. :eek::whistling::confused:

16. ZlurkCorzDog

Jan 20, 2012
    Not On Cloud 9
    Don't they have a Dennys around there?

17. StratSounds

StratSounds Senior Stratmaster

Sep 10, 2016
    Rocky Mountain Way
    A cheese sandwich with coffee? Dude, that’s hardcore.

I don’t do salty with coffee much. If I’m gonna have a hearty, salty breakfast, I like to have a cup of coffee first, by itself, then dig into some bacon and eggs and toast or bagel or egg sandwich or whatever with some orange juice. If I’m gonna have something sweet, like pancakes or oatmeal, then coffee can come along for the ride, actually enhances the flavor.

The breakfast that most makes me feel like I did something good for myself afterwards? That’d be steel cut oats with lots of nuts and berries added in, goes well with coffee because it’s sweet, but lately the salty hearty breakfast cravings have been kickin my arse.

cappei likes this.
  18. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Lewisville, TX
    Milk, coffee, banana, apple and another apple a bit later.

cappei likes this.
  19. cappei

cappei Strat-O-Master

Jun 24, 2017
    Quillota, Valparaíso, Chile
    OMG that sound reaaally reaaaly nice, got to try it. You should try put onions on the cheese-ed eggs, that should enhance the flavor.

here we also do small cutted tomatoes with eggs and onions for breakfast. When camping my mom used to make sausages with eggs to. I don't eat meat anymore, so cheese is like my go to food these days

20. Blues Man

Blues Man Strat-Talker

Feb 7, 2018
    USA
    I tend to eat between 1 PM and 8 PM

It works for me
    Even though I am a morning person in general I just can't eat before noon

CigBurn likes this.