Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

classic vibe 50s pickups?

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by dazco, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Inverness

Inverness Senior Stratmaster

Dec 24, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    Springs...around surgical tubing

2. Pukiman

Pukiman Strat-Talk Member

Mar 1, 2011
    London
    Oh, I always search for old slightly rusted reliced Springs for authentic Vintage sound..shiny new Springs sounds too modern.
    It all adds up you Know ! Sum of all parts adds to total overall sound of the guitar.

johnnymg, The Strat Dude and Ebidis like this.

3. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Ladies & Gentlemen - Strat Talk has a new troll. :rolleyes:

4. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Certified Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    In my own little world
    I would never describe you as a troll sir. You are too harsh on yourself. Have more coffee, it's early. :p

Pukiman and BobbyS like this.

5. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    That is completely subjective. What good and bad sound is for "most people" would have to be identified and defined. I'm guessing that can't be done.

The Strat Dude likes this.

6. banjaxed

banjaxed Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Liverpool UK
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Tone is in the ear of the listener :rolleyes:

Thrup'ny Bit and Ebidis like this.

7. Uncle Fiesta

Uncle Fiesta Senior Stratmaster

NO that is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

The tubes must go on the outside or you will never get a decent sound out of it.

The Strat Dude likes this.

8. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Duderino Strat-Talk Supporter

Brilliant :D

9. dazco

dazco Strat-Talk Member

Oct 5, 2017
    california
    yes, but i'm not talking about subjective sound, i'm talking about what the general consensus would call good or bad, not what type of sound would be one or the other. I've had guitars with wood that sounded such that if you heard them you'd understand. There are sonic details NO ONE wants. I've had a few like that, the last one being tele. I assure you no one would want a guitar that sounded like that, and i replaced every part on it trying to eliminate a exaggerated and very buzzy harsh top end that i guarantee you no one would want. Nothing helped. I have also had a few that were magical. But of the maybe 200 fenders and fender style/partscaster guitars i've owned the vast majority were within reason. But it just illustrate a the point i was making that wood and pickups are both important and that just because one may be fantastic that doesn't mean you can use anything for the other part and it will not make a difference. My reply was to someone that was saying if the wood is great pickups don't matter.Tell that to someone who wants a clean scooped low output vintage tone and puts a high output pickup with cocked wah mids in a guitar woth a fantasic piece of wood in it. THAT is subjective but it illustrates what i was telling the guy i was replying to. You questioned another post like this i made where i mentioned tone in respect to things no one wants, and there ARE tones like that. Most tone IS subjective like i said then, but I wasn't talking about that. When it comes to that if i mention it it's in respect to MY taste and i make that obvious and often say things like "IMO" because on internet forums you have to otherwise people read into your posts whatever they want. Thats why my posts tend to be so long, as i try to be as detailed and through as i can so what i say is clear enough to eliminate responses that miss the point. But it still happens if not as much.

10. Thrup'ny Bit

May 21, 2010
    In my own little world
    There's no such thing. This is an internet forum.

johnnymg likes this.

11. Inverness

Inverness Senior Stratmaster

Dec 24, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    I generally concur with that. Now we have a general consensus.

johnnymg and Thrup'ny Bit like this.

12. Thrup'ny Bit

May 21, 2010
    In my own little world
    Damn, there goes another perfectly good theory. :p

Inverness likes this.

13. Pukiman

Pukiman Strat-Talk Member

Mar 1, 2011
    London
    What to do if the Listener is Tone Deaf and suffering from Tinnitus ? ... PARDON! did you say something ?