Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Classic Vibe Tele Custom

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by BuffaloHound, Feb 3, 2019.

1. BuffaloHound

BuffaloHound Strat-Talker

Sep 25, 2018
    Sarasota florida
    I am buying the guitar, but there are SO many to choose from. So I’m just trying to pick a winner; and, therefore asking if these details matter. Apparently they don’t. Live and learn.
    By the way, it’s fun to focus on little details like this. To ask questions and to learn.
    And I seriously doubt there’s anyone that needs to be told that the person playing the guitar matters more than the instrument being played. That’s honestly some pretty basic advice.

larscaster and Bob the builder like this.
  2. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

Oct 16, 2018
    Tacoma in two weeks
    You and I are thinking alike. I got a coupon today after I ordered the open box guitar. Well, they don't discount used gear, but I was able to get a new one for 20 bucks more. So they cancelled my order and sent out the white one that I wanted initially. I am sure I'm going to be much happier with th e new one.

Bob the builder likes this.
  3. TSims1

TSims1 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA

Okay. Good luck.

4. BuffaloHound

Sep 25, 2018
    Sarasota florida
    Thank you!

5. oatsoda

oatsoda Puck of Paradox Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 10, 2011
    The Shack, Nova Scotia
    I had a 50s cv tele. Put a p90 in the neck, 3 compensated brass saddles, played excellent and sounded nice too. Sold it after I got a mim tele, thinking I was moving up, and boy, was I wrong. Really nice guitars those cvs

amstratnut likes this.
  6. BuffaloHound

Sep 25, 2018
    Sarasota florida
    I really only bought it in order to log some hours on a tele before I build my custom (I’m considering adding some tele features to a build and I can’t play in a shop and really get to know a guitar). Also, I thought I could resell it for close to the original value. But the more I hear about this model the more I love it. I can’t wait. I’m gonna check my Fedex tracker now...

Bob the builder likes this.
  7. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Most Honored Senior Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Running with Scissors
    I had two CVC Teles. They were good guitars. I’m sure you will enjoy it.

8. sonny wolf

sonny wolf Senior Stratmaster

Aug 7, 2009
    austin texas
    I owned a sunburst one a few years and it was a really well built guitar...the Squier Classic Vibe range is really high quality and great value.I just didn't like the pickups in that one because they were too weak compared to my other Teles(I own several 52 reissues which have a thicker and hotter sound typical of a Telecaster).It was really thin...my Strats bridge pickups were hotter than it which is not right because a typical Tele bridge pickup will always be a bit hotter and thicker than a Strat's bridge pickup.I had an extra set of Fender Tex Mex Tele pickups(pulled from a 50s Roadworn)so I installed those in it and it really came to life with the right output expected from a Tele.I enjoyed that guitar for a while but did end up selling it.Then a few years ago I came across the limited edition Squier classic vibe 60s Tele in black and immediately bonded with it.It's pickups sound fine with no need to upgrade.Did they put a different set of pickups in the black model or maybe the pickups in my old sunburst one were defective(???).I don't know but all I can say is these guitars are really well built and are true Teles.If I ever came across another sunburst one that charmed me I would still consider it a great deal even if I had to upgrade the pickups.Here is my black one:

14580500_10207993898700666_121604692_n.jpg

amstratnut, dogletnoir and Omar like this.
  9. fezz parka

fezz parka Do you Reach? Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Going to Eden...Hey Brother...
    Because that's what getting a good guitar is when you can't put your fingerprints on it. Luck. You roll the dice. :D

10. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    You won't be able to sell it for close to the original value....if you pay $400-450 for it you can MAYBE get 300 for it used.....at the very most....

11. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Exactly. 300 would be a really good result for the seller.

fezz parka and Stratoskater like this.
  12. BuffaloHound

Sep 25, 2018
    Sarasota florida
    Speak for your own market. You don’t know mine.

carolinaeasy and Viking like this.
  13. BuffaloHound

Sep 25, 2018
    Sarasota florida
    I’m not sure where you’re getting your info from. But I can’t find a used Squire Classic Vibe Telecaster for sale anywhere online for much less than $400 (not including shipping) which is why I bought new ($450) as numerous posters in this thread recommended. Perhaps there’s one for sale online for an inconsequential lessor amount at the moment. But there wasn’t one EBay, Reverb, Offerup, etc... when I purchased mine. Plus I’ve been daily scouring my local Craigslist for 6 months: Nothing.

And even if there was said golden deal out there—hidden in the inter workings of the inter-tubes—I’m not sure why your on this thread trying to YUCK my YUM, Bra. Just let it be.

I bought a new guitar. I’m excited to receive my purchase. I’m optimistic about future potential resale value. And YAY!

14. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Those sir are ASKING prices, not what anyone's ever actually paid for used.....you see them all the time on Guitar Center's used website for $250-300.....

You'll learn eventually....

3bolt79, stratman323 and fezz parka like this.
  15. fezz parka

fezz parka Do you Reach? Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Going to Eden...Hey Brother...
    When I do see them ( the CV Tele Custom) for sale used...its usually around 300 bucks. Thing is, people dig them and hang on to them. So there's not a lot in the used market. Music-go-round has one on line for 299.99.

Stratoskater likes this.
  16. Andy Summers

Andy Summers Strat-Talker

Feb 10, 2010
    CT
    You won’t even have to worry about shipping cost. Sweetwater covers it. Just call them up, they email you the shipping label, and you don’t pay a thing :) Can’t go wrong with SW..plus they offer the three payment program..no credit check or anything. Oh...and they send candy too

3bolt79 likes this.
  17. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Actually, he DOES know your market. What's more he knows about prices in Europe too (which is very rare for a North American).

You've only been on here for 5 minutes & already you're dismissing the posts of one of our most useful members. This guy seems to have a photographic memory & he's reliable. He knows what stuff sells for in more than just Canada.

A wise man would listen. ;)

18. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Could you please translate YUCK my YUM, Bra into English for me? I'm afraid it's the only language I speak properly.

Why am I in this thread? It's a guitar forum - why shouldn't I be? You're not a moderator after 100 posts are you?

Why is it that so many new members in the last few weeks have been aggressive & rude? This was such a polite & well mannered forum before. Please learn how to behave properly.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  19. BuffaloHound

Sep 25, 2018
    Sarasota florida
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is THE BEST.
    -Frank Zappa

I’m not knocking Guitarmageddon or his, obvious, vast knowledge about guitars. I appreciate knowledgeable people who share advice. I was stating that he likely didn’t know where I lived when he wrote that post (unless he checked my profile), and if he did so it’s unlikely he’s spent as more time in my city locally selling guitars than I have.
    Disagree if you like, but that’s like me saying I know more about how you brush your teeth than you do. I may be a dentist, but your bi-weekly routine is your routine.

20. nadzab

nadzab Peace & Love, my Brothers & Sisters...

May 15, 2009
    The Great State of Maine
    Well it does say you're from Sarasota right under your name & avatar pic...

Stratoskater and stratman323 like this.