Join Strat-Talk Today

Classic Vibe Tele Custom

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by BuffaloHound, Feb 3, 2019.

1. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Izzat the one with "Duncan designed" pickups?

2. BuffaloHound

BuffaloHound Strat-Talker

I’m certain you can figure that colloquial expression out given the context.

I didn’t ask you why you were in this thread.

At this point I’ll just assume you’re trolling and will ignore your snippy comments moving forward.

3. BuffaloHound

4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Canada Strat-Talk Supporter

You sir are way out of line, and I challenge you to try to sell a used Classic Vibe Custom Tele for more than $300. Buy one just to try to prove me wrong. Lose $150 or more plus tax. Have an awesome time!

I know ALL markets, I know all used prices on every single used Squier model from 1982 to present. I specifically research regional trends, and in Florida guitars sell used much cheaper than other states on average. Just because you've not had any luck finding yourself a used Classic Vibe Custom Tele for $300-ish, doesn't mean they don't sell for that much. There were none because when they get posted for those prices, people tend to snap them up. Keep on watching those ads asking $400-450, notice how they get re-posted over and over and never seem to sell.

Check this out, one sold on ebay for less than $289.....best offer accepted....on December 27th, 2018

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=332980353074

...and another for $297

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=153287967426

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Bob the builder and Nadnitram like this.
  5. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Most Honored Senior Member

Here are two

$359
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/S...MItre-huev4AIVVp7ACh0b-g7IEAQYASABEgLvVvD_BwE

$299
    https://www.musicgoround.com/produc...MItre-huev4AIVVp7ACh0b-g7IEAQYAiABEgKfmfD_BwE

Folks are just trying to give you advice, just like when Fezz and I suggested you check out Ron Kirn, forum member and in FL like you are, in your thread about buying a custom guitar. Take it or leave it but you are dead wrong about the resell price you will get for a Squier CVC.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  6. fezz parka

fezz parka The Return of the Red Helmet Strat-Talk Supporter

Stratman...you owes me a cup of coffee. Too funny.

Yeah, I get what you say about the newbies of late. They come in guns a blazin' and phallus's a swingin'. But they miss their target with both. Then they get sent to the Phantom Zone and all is good.

7. Stratoskater

We have seen a bunch of them in 2019 that’s for sure.

8. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Next time you're in London, the coffees are on me. :cool:

fezz parka and Stratoskater like this.
  9. BuffaloHound

You, Sir, are way outta line, arrogant, and close-minded.

In this thread we have discussed my opinions and I have backed mine back up with reasons. You may disagree with those reasons and my rationale, but I’m not intentionally trying to offer you bad advice. You are currently doing so with malicious intent.

Your last post in this thread suggested I buy a new guitar and try to sell it used in order for me to prove me wrong. That is not looking out of the best interest of the OP. It is rather protecting your, apparently, delicate ego over the common good.

You are no longer having a discussion or offering advice in this thread. You’re simply being a troll because you refuse to admit your may be wrong, or even entertain a discussion about the topic.
    Ignore the one who is no longer helpful...
    //blocked//

But I assume you’ll respond to this comment in order to protect your creditalis. Please to so. I won’t see it.

Viking likes this.
  10. montemerrick

montemerrick you can't stay the fool Strat-Talk Supporter

dang.

fezz parka likes this.
  11. Stratoskater

@Guitarmageddon is not a troll, he knows more about squires than anyone on ST and likely the whole web. You have been given examples of CVC Teles by both Fezz and I for sale currently at $359 and $299 after stating there were none to be found under $400. I see them listed here for $400+ all the time and they sit being advertised for months. I’ve sold two CVC in the past 18 months and neither one fetched over $280. If you want to believe they will sell used for $400+ then go ahead but you are kidding yourself. Sorry if the truth hurts your feelings that your opinion on price is dead wrong and for the record I would have bought new just like you did but you need to calm yourself down or take yourself to TGP where your type attitude is tolerated.

12. stratomatt

stratomatt Strat-O-Master

You're talking about a 4 ounces on 7 pound guitar. All 3 are moderately light. 4 ounces won't make any difference. Denser wood is neither more or less desirable. But... Generally speaking lighter pine is more resonant than heavier, denser pine, and CVC are pine, so lighter could be better. But it really depends on the specific body.

Stratoskater likes this.
  13. Stratoskater

You are correct about the weight but the CVC is alder not pine. The 50’s style is pine.

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/squie...lassic-vibe-custom-telecaster/0373030500.html

stratomatt and 3bolt79 like this.
  14. fezz parka

fezz parka The Return of the Red Helmet Strat-Talk Supporter

15. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

You're right that there is a troll in this thread. You're wrong to claim that it is @Guitarmageddon. It's you.

We know Guitarmageddon & we've had plenty of time to be able to assess if he's a troll - that's how we know that he isn't. On the other hand, you come in guns a blazin' and phallus a swingin', throwing your weight around.You won't impress anyone on here with behaviour like that.

If you can't behave properly, go & find somewhere else where your behaviour is acceptable. It's not here.

16. Yogi

Yogi Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

who is paying more than $400 for a used CVC when you can routinely get them for about 382 with a very common 15% off coupon at Musicians Friend or Guitar Center?

17. Spats

Spats Strat-Talk Member

I’m pretty new here, but in order to bring it back to guitars, which is why we’re all here...

I have a ‘15 CVC. It is a fantastic guitar. I got it for €400 in Ireland 3 years ago.

Stratoskater likes this.
  18. Stratoskater

Wait, you’re here for guitars? I thought we was here to discuss the best types of cheese. I like Gouda.

fezz parka likes this.
  19. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster

Well, I thought this evening at strat-talk was going to be non-interactive. Rong, I was, as I added someone new to my ignore list. Woo hoo!

Stratoskater and fezz parka like this.
  20. eyerish

eyerish Senior Stratmaster

Of all the cv i had my favorite was the first i had. A 2010 50s. Great guitar. A3s and away we went.
    The 2nd fave was the Simon Neil strat. Fantastic guitar.

The butterscotch 50s i had i did a trade deal with tsims so he could tell you what he thought of it.
    The 50s strat and cvc ill be honest were my least faves of the cv line.

All in all however the cv line is an exceptional value and a great choice.
    IMHO.

https://beta-static.photobucket.com/images/vv8/rnormile/GEDC0739.jpg

https://beta.photobucket.com/u/rnormile/p/c23ee6d6-d918-4f9f-b281-13456c3d8597

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.