Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Color ideas for a Tele with flamed roasted maple neck.

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by Johnny Danger, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Strat-O-Master

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    Thinking about a partscaster Tele and digging the idea of flamed roasted maple with a rosewood board, but not sure about color. I have been itching for LPB, but wonder if the dark neck might work better with a fiesta or Dakota red to offer a little more contrast.

But I'm open to suggestions. Even thought about gold flake or something crazy. Post pics if you've seen something bbn particularly nice.

2. Dr Cannonball

Dr Cannonball Strat-Talk Member

May 9, 2017
    Maryland
    I think fiesta red would look great, especially if you get a particularly orange shade. My favorite tele color is Olympic white - classic look with a rosewood board.

FWIW - I think a lot of colors look great with a roasted or flamed neck. In the back of this photo is my EJ lucerne aqua firemist strat with roasted maple neck.

IMG_8044.JPG

gwjensen and Nate D like this.
  3. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    I personally think it would look best with either Sherwood Green or Ocean torquoise(that's the one sprayed over the sunburst).

apimge0b6__99608.1513620626.1280.1280.jpg 0624144343_576cc88f95411.jpg fendercs-1956stratrelicroasted-candyapplered-cz529088-f__wwg.jpg _20181209_004301.JPG _20181209_004235.JPG

4. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    This the Sherwood, all of these are with roasted maple.
    images (1).jpeg _20181209_004835.JPG

billybuck likes this.
  5. Johnny Danger

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    I'm thinking Sherwood Green is in the lead.

Still also weighing whether or not I want to do belly and forearm contours. Also wondering where I should go for the finish. MJT has a decent following, but wondering if I couldn't find someone local that does nitro finishes.

6. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    Why wouldn't you want to get the contour?

7. Johnny Danger

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    Just weighing between functionality and tradition. I don't miss it on my current Tele, but I also don't play it as much as I do the strat. I could probably go either way.

I'm also interested in some relic action on the body, but wonder how much of a pain it would be to source aged hardware, etc. Might be better just to get a clean nitro paint job. My 20 year old AVRI Strat has a very clean finish and I dig that.

8. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Ad space available Strat-Talk Supporter

contours are never wrong, roasted necks go with an color and do not bother to relic anything.
    There now whats the next question?

9. Johnny Danger

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    Now I just want to get a relic with no contours.

10. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    Thats totally up to you, but just so you know losing the contours also means that the body will lose most of its aesthetic attraction that makes a stratocaster so beautiful.

But that's up to you, you'll be playing it not me.

11. Johnny Danger

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    It's definitely subjective. This is more of a "I really want to tinker, but my current guitars are perfect" sort of thing. I'm very drawn to the relic thing (Have to try everything at least once, right?) and if the fake relic thing is bad enough, wouldn't it be even worse on a Tele with contours? Seems so to me, anyway. Unless I want one of those "hacked contour" relic looking Teles like Jeff Beck.

Just entertaining ideas because I can't leave well enough alone.

12. Nate D

Nate D Senior Stratmaster

Apr 2, 2016
    Philly, PA
    What are those amps?

13. Dr Cannonball

May 9, 2017
    Maryland
    54 Deluxe 5D3 and a 66 Pro Reverb. (The tweed may look a bit funny because it has a brand new replacement handle)

I’m this photo they’re set up as a wet/dry rig. The Pro is jumpered/daisy chained off the Deluxe with a carbon copy delay between. Reverb is set around 7. Sounds huge!

Nate D likes this.
  14. Nate D

Nate D Senior Stratmaster

Apr 2, 2016
    Philly, PA
    Um, yes please!!! Great amps!!! :)

Dr Cannonball likes this.
  15. Dr Cannonball

May 9, 2017
    Maryland
    They are amazing. I am blessed to be the keeper for much of my father-in-law’s collection.

Nate D likes this.
  16. integra evan

integra evan Strat-Talker

Mar 18, 2015
    here
  17. Johnny Danger

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    Well, I'm afraid I've gone and done something rash.

https://reverb.com/item/16402229-bo...ro-red-alder-ss-nitrocellulose-vintage-guitar

I was hunting for Sherwood Green and LPB, but landed on this store and this one just jumped out at me. Love (well, at least like) at first sight sort of thing. I slept on it a couple of nights and came back to it to see if I could find something that bothered me about it or if I found anything else I liked.

And I just put in a custom order for a neck, so it will be a bit before I see that. Roasted Flame maple with rosewood board.

Here's to bad decisions.

[​IMG]

Dr Cannonball likes this.
  18. Johnny Danger

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    @Lonn It looks as if you are the only other person to ever post about this company on here. (See my purchase a couple of posts up.) Did you ever make it over to the shop in Italy by chance?