Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Coolest Strat you ever had?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Greg, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Greg

Greg Strat-Talker

Apr 25, 2017
    Atlanta area
    Probably one of the coolest to pass through my hands due to who once owned it .

Steve M Strat 019.JPG

Kstu, Yves, smithstrato and 3 others like this.

2. AncientAx

AncientAx Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 24, 2010
    Maryland
    So you going to leave us in suspense?

Nubs, Mansonienne, dueducs and 2 others like this.

3. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    So who owned it?

4. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    I really think it is my current #1. It's just a great (to me) Strat. I pretty much love everything about it.

fullsizeoutput_82.jpeg fullsizeoutput_84.jpeg

5. hornpiper

hornpiper Senior Stratmaster

Apr 23, 2014
    Portland, OR
    That's Steve Marriott!

jojo68, stratobiker, Groovey and 6 others like this.

6. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member

<<<Probably this one.

[​IMG]

1976 hardtail natural, according to Dan Erlewine the rarest of the S series:
    Hand selected bodies with nicest grain and matching got natural finishes. All the rest got colors.
    First year for the 5 way switch.
    Last year of the better pups (according to him, he didn't elaborate but I assume the grey backs are better than what they used after)

First electric I ever bought (hit a home run first at bat), bought for $300 with OHSC from the kitchen manager at the bar I was working (Olde Trail Tavern in Yellow Springs, very old building was a log cabin trading post before Ohio was a state. Rod Serling rented the upstairs, now an office when he was a student at Antioch College).

But my partscaster is pretty cool also.

[​IMG]

Samick body with a cool trans red showing a lot of grain, Lace Sensor red pups, hotter 14.5K bridge unit in neck, PP volume pot Gilmour switch, Graph Tech Ghost piezo saddle system custom installation (rather than a PP volume to switch to it and sacrifice a tone pot for the Ghost volume I routed for an extra volume pot and put in a mini 3 way switch to it, standard volume jack that GT recommends, but with the mini switch in the middle I can use separate volumes to blend outputs. Each has their own signal path and amplification, but its a TONE MACINE!).

[​IMG]

Early on during the build, still has white Samick switch tip (replaced with an Oak Grigsby and a black tip) and a white knob for the Ghost volume (now black volume knob). Has 1 Lace red bridge pup installed.

Uncle Mui, Nubs, shupe13 and 4 others like this.

7. YALCaster

YALCaster Strat-Talker

Mar 14, 2017
    America
    My one and only!
    IMG_0608.JPG

Groovey, Kstu, shupe13 and 3 others like this.

8. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    What value pot did you wind up using for your Ghost setup, and are you pre-amping?

9. quitar

quitar Strat-Talk Member

Aug 20, 2017
    Moorhead, MN.
    Havent had many strats but my current mid eighties japanese model has been re-pu'd with gibson p-90's, and is great. and i might as well throw in my 64 coronet in a nod to the Steve Marriot mention(such an under rated musician). oh and sorry for the crappy pic. IMG_1083.JPG

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    altar, shupe13 and Cerb like this.

10. circles

circles Senior Stratmaster

strat_mesa.jpg

Ah yes the good old days

altar, Kstu, shupe13 and 2 others like this.

11. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter Vendor Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    Still have it............

[​IMG]

Uncle Mui, circles, Kstu and 3 others like this.

12. jaybones

@Mr. Lumbergh The Ghost system has its own onboard preamp (9V battery, and the stereo jack is a Switchcraft with a tip switch), and I used a 250K.

Generally run into my acoustic amp, and the level seems about the same as my piezo equipped acoustic.

Mr. Lumbergh likes this.

13. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    The Electrocoustimatic is split the same way. Would love to have a proper acoustic amp for it.

14. rolandson

rolandson Senior Stratmaster

Jul 13, 2015
    Cascadia
    My '64.
    1964 Strat Feb. 2016 (1).jpg

It was gifted to me by my dearest friend on the planet, a friendship going back to 1970, as a more or less permanent loan. Five years later, following an injury, I sent it back to him because I could no longer do it justice.

Three years after that he asked me to buy it at a price that I really couldn't ignore. Its provenance adding, to my thinking, a substantial emotional value. And that he used it to write not just a few rather successful albums/songs certainly doesn't hurt that mystic.

It had come to him as an inherited gift from a very respected country player from the Southwest.

It's been passed among friends...it has good juju.

Uncle Mui, circles, Nate D and 10 others like this.

15. Cerb

Cerb Senior Stratmaster

Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    This. -77 Stratocaster. So many geat deals slipped by me on our CL because I was too slow. This turned up at a price I couldn't pass on and everything lined up. I was in a position to by it, by coincidence I was out of town and only 4 minutes from the seller.

I knew the reputation of the 70's strats but I knew that I was in no risk of loosing money at that price so I figured I'd go get it, play it for a while and decide if I wanted to keep the -77 or my MIJ strat. I ended up keeping the -77, it has that special mojo, it sounds really sweet to me an there's something special about the neck that fits my hand. Not a boat anchor either, it's light.[​IMG][​IMG]

jojo68, Uncle Mui, Kstu and 4 others like this.

16. Neil.C

Neil.C Senior Stratmaster

Mar 3, 2012
    Surrey, England
    You had Steve Marriot's guitar and you let it go! :confused:

brians likes this.

17. Neil.C

Neil.C Senior Stratmaster

Mar 3, 2012
    Surrey, England
    I own a couple of Strats but I wouldn't say either is particularly cool.

garyhoos1 likes this.

18. jaybones

Yeah, there's a Fishman preamp that's supposed to make a piezo sound like a natural acoustic. Different settings for body size, it's on my gas list. Although the Ghost sounds pretty good with a little chorus going into my acoustic amp.

Nice guitar! I'm looking for the sister to my hardtail (tremolo equipped), but the S series naturals are getting so pricey (for a good one) I'm probably going to get a used 70's Classic Series and put a big headstock bullet TR neck on and get black plastics.

19. smithstrato

smithstrato Strat-O-Master

Aug 25, 2013
    florida
    +1 Humble Pie .. Best vocals Steve M /my hero
    Cool Guitar BTW

Greg likes this.