Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Could use some advise on prospective buy

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Kdawg1966, Mar 13, 2018 at 11:41 AM.

1. Kdawg1966

Kdawg1966 Strat-Talk Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Here's one that I've been looking at the last week or so.

I have been looking for a sonic blue strat with a rosewood neck. I first thought that I'd just buy a Squire Vintage Modified and change out the pickups, as I want a HSS model, however the VM's are 21 fret and I want a 22 fret model. I suspect this one is priced a bit high but when I research building a partscaster, I can't put together what I want for under 5-600 bucks.

Does everything look OK on this one? I have no idea if the current pickups installed are my cup of tea but if they're not, I"d just replace them, possibly with a loaded pickguard. Even if I bought a Am. Pro. HSS loaded pick guard, I'd be into it for a bit over 6 bills. I know I wouldn't be getting my money back out of it when the day comes to sell (that day seems to eventually arrive), but at least I'd have what I want and it's not silly money in my world. Fact is, there really aren't many sonic blue, 22 fret examples to be had anywhere. BTW, the large 70's style headstock isn't my style, otherwise I'd just order a new Am. Special. Thanks for any input.

2. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    Seems a lot for a MIM partscaster unless you're in love with the Suhr pickups.

3. Martend

Martend Strat-Talk Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Assen, The Netherlands
    Too me it looks there is also some discoloring going on. I would ask for extra pics, with the headstock in focus this time.

4. heltershelton

heltershelton ROCKIN FOREVER Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    it seems that the 4 middle bridge screws are missing.

5. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Strange that all the pictures are perfect except the picture of the headstock..