Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Custom build from custom shop

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Mcawesome57, Jul 11, 2018.

1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    Pawnee, Indiana
    Dang.. that is beautiful. I used to hate red guitars, and now I love them for some reason. This red, at least. Not a fan of candy apple red.

Murphcaster likes this.
  2. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    . . . When you're ready :cool:

Paperback Rocker likes this.
  3. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Lewisville, TX
    If you have cash, you can get great deals via Craigslist. I got a CS '59 for 1800 and two CS '56 for 1900 each, all in new condition. I've also purchased from Reverb, but haven't gotten quite as good a deal with the seller having to pay fees and ship - got a CS '60 with matching headstock for 2100 that I traded for a Gibson Memphis ES 330. I bought a CS '63 from Sam Ash via Reverb that said all case candy and original case, neither of which was true, so I got a refund of some and I think I have 1500 in that one.

I sold one of the '56 to my student for what I paid for it, then he in turn sold it to another of my students for the same amount yet again.

Main thing to make sure is that the guitar you are dealing with is actually desirable. I see a lot of fancy CS Strats with birdseye necks and gold hardware and stuff that don't appeal to me, and also don't seem to sell well in today's market.

Cash is king! I got a figured top Gibson 335 for 1000 of Craigslist, too.

4. Morgenholz

Morgenholz Strat-Talker

Jan 17, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Although I can not provide advice from the ordering side, I can comment that I love buying vintage-spec CS strats used, mostly because I need to live with one for a year or so to determine whether it is a keeper. I generally need to perform a setup to get them dialed in, but experience zero of the many issues I would expect from a vintage guitar. I suppose that I would order a custom build if I could own only one-- otherwise, living with their individual quirks is fun.

5. artgtr

artgtr Senior Stratmaster

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    I had just purchased a CS 2017/1955 Strat heavy relic. The story is, the guitar was ordered by someone & while they were waiting for it to come in, the buyer became impatient & decided to buy another guitar. The store decided to take Guitar in when it was finished & sell it. I was told the original price on the guitar as $4800. From the CS. They marked it down to $3500. - I told the salesman give me a price I can’t walk away from. So, he marked it down a little. So put it on lay a way & picked it up yesterday.
    IMG_2323.JPG IMG_2319.JPG IMG_2321.JPG
    I have other Strats & non fender guitars also!
    I’m retired, enjoy all my guitars!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Dallaz, tery and circles like this.
  6. Rufustelestrat

Rufustelestrat Senior Stratmaster

I was:
    IMG_4882.JPG

tery likes this.
  7. Rufustelestrat

@Murphcaster That is almost the Mark knoffler Sig guitar. I am a big fan but for the $s after market I would like a HR 62 like this in red: (for the color blind this one is green) o sorry torquoise.
    THis one is green: IMG_0984.JPG Sig3.gif
    sorry one was green. Need to do a new version as all but three of those are gone.

tery likes this.
  8. Rufustelestrat

opps... ooops.. found it
    1060 Catalog.jpg DSC_7008_ (c) 2011TedRoss.JPG DSC_6818_ (c) 2011TedRoss.JPG

Attached Files:

tery likes this.
  9. Murphcaster

Murphcaster Strat-O-Master

Oct 17, 2013
    West Virginia
    If you're talking about mine, then yes. That's the one I ordered. It's a '59 NOS in Fiesta Red.

problem-child likes this.
  10. Murphcaster

Murphcaster Strat-O-Master

Oct 17, 2013
    West Virginia
    It's close. I actually considered buying a Mark Knopfler Strat...but Fiesta Red is my favorite color and wanted that over Hot Rod Red. The Knopfler also has a 7.25", which I don't mind at all, but I already had two AV guitars at the time and didn't want another one with a 7.25". I felt like I needed to diversify so I got one with a 9.5" radius

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018