Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

For Sale Custom built Epiphone Valve Jr

Discussion in 'Amps... for sale, trade or wanted' started by CephasG, May 12, 2018.

1. CephasG

CephasG Strat-Talker

Dec 13, 2017
    Land of Lincoln
    Some time ago I built this Watts Tube Audio kit into the Valve Jr chassis and cabinet. I have used a turret board and high quality components, alpha pots and switchcraft jacks. This is what Ken from Watts Tube Audio describes as the "Voxy Mod". Youtube voxy mod and you will get a pretty good idea what it sounds like.
    I have tried it with overdrive pedals but it gets too loud for what I need. It is pretty nice clean at bedroom levels.
    At this point I don't want to ship, so local pickup (Chicago Northwest suburbs) would be my preferred way of getting it to you.
    It is a fun little amp, Class-A so it gets very loud. The control next to the volume is gain. Pictures tell the story. It is yours for $100. I am willing to drive to a pickup location within reason.

Specs:
    5 Watts
    Volume Control
    Gain Control
    Power Switch
    8 inch Eminence Speaker
    1 Input
    1 Channel
    1 x 12AX7A Preamp Tube (Electro Harmonix)
    1 x EL84 Power Tube (Sovtek)

Diagram with components from Watts here.

fullsizeoutput_10bd.jpeg IMG_4508.JPG IMG_4510.JPG IMG_4511.JPG IMG_4512.JPG IMG_4513.JPG IMG_4514.JPG IMG_4515.JPG IMG_4516.JPG IMG_4517.JPG

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    irie likes this.

2. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Strat-O-Master

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    That seems like quite a deal. If I weren't in the middle of building a '57 Princeton clone I'd be trying to talk you into shipping that amp to me.

CephasG likes this.

3. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

One hundred bucks is a steal imho!!!!

Nice!!!!:thumb:

CephasG likes this.