Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Custom volume/tone knobs?

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by Mr. Lumbergh, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    I was wondering if anyone knew where I may be able to get a custom knob made... The Electrocoustimatic needs a volume control for the piezo on board, and what I'd really like to do is put that on a concentric volume control along with the master volume because I don't want to drill any new holes. Trouble is, the Gretsch arrow knobs, which to me are a part of the look, are too large to fit in any of the "outer" knobs I've come across. Anyone know where I might be able to get a custom knob made affordably?

2. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas
    Find someone with a 3-D printer. Tell them what you want. I think they can make pretty much anything fairly easily.

Bodean likes this.

3. Bodean

Bodean smells like leather Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    3-d is probably the best route. Setup and all that with a molding company wouldn't be cheap. Is there a way to modify the shaft and use a Gretsch knob. Speaking out my ass since I really have no idea what you are doing.:D

4. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    Mostly I'm just trying to find a concentric volume knob where the center knob can be my Gretsch arrow. All the "outer" concentric knobs I've seen so far is too narrow to fit the Gretsch knob inside of them. I need an ID of at least .9" as the arrow knob is .88".

5. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member

Dec 4, 2013
    largo,fl
    Try dknob.com

circles likes this.

6. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    I've been on the hunt for a basic brass (not polished, not gold) dome-type volume knob for awhile. If any one has any tips on where to find one, hook me up :thumb: