Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Dare's Assorted Covers and Originals

Discussion in 'MyMusic Forum' started by Dare1, Jun 11, 2017.

1. gwjensen

gwjensen Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

San Ho Say is impressive!

Dare1 likes this.

2. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    Sorry I missed your Castles cover when you originally posted it. Beautifully played Dare! I always loved the "Stratty" tones you get and that's on display here. The fuzzed out guitar part was particularly cool. Was that a backward effect on there?

Great job on Free Falling as well. Nice touch with the video.

Dare1 likes this.

3. sevycat

sevycat Custom Shop Cat Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 8, 2008
    Newark, DE
    How you doing brother? Did you ever carry on with that enlistment in the Chair Force?

Dare1 likes this.

4. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    Hey thanks y'all! I appreciate it! Mouse, it was! I used the reverse effect through Audacity, and just kinda improvised the solo. Pretty neat little feature, was kinda surprised it was on there!

Sevy, hahaha yep! Have a little under 4 years left now, unless I commission to be an Officer. I'll probably stay in for the whole 20 if I end up going that route.

5. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    I made another cover last night. This is the song that inspired me to even pick up guitar playing, so it has a special place in my heart. This is the extended solo backing track, so the last 4 or so minutes are pretty much incessant guitar wanking, but it's whatever. I'm proud of myself for finally being able to play through this song.

TheDuck, BallisticSquid and Mouse like this.

6. Mouse

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    Beautiful playing Dare. I'd say you more than slayed this dragon. Well done.

Dare1 likes this.

7. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    Thanks so much, Mouse! I was pretty happy with how it turned out. It was one if the first songs I ever tried to learn how to play, and got so discouraged with it that (being that I was brand new to guitar) I never went back to it til now. So that was pretty cool.

BallisticSquid likes this.

8. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Senior Stratmaster

Oct 12, 2016
    US
    Just checked out Life Without You...stellar playing! I'm sure it was a fantastic feeling to revisit something you couldn't pay through before and suddenly you can!

You have that SRV strat tone down pat.

Dare1 likes this.

9. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    Thank you so much BallisticSquid! I appreciate it. And it was, for sure! I'll have to go back and see what else I tried learning, and see if I can play it now. That's pretty exciting!

BallisticSquid likes this.

10. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    Since today is Albert't birthday, why not make a tribute?

11. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    So I'm really just fine tuning my method of uploading videos with recorded audio at this point.

chrimturn, TheDuck and CigBurn like this.

12. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    The Shed
    Nice sounding work there and I really dug the maroon 5 sound of the second clip. Almost broke into song over here.

Dare1 likes this.

13. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    Thanks so much CigBurn! That's funny, after you said that, I could definitely hear what you're talking about! Love their feel and style for sure.

14. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    Another short one for instagram:

Swingbass, TheDuck and Mouse like this.

15. Mouse

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    I'm really digging the new recourses sound you're getting. Your playing has gotten seriously good too. Very cool blues licks there my friend.

Dare1 likes this.

16. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    Thanks a lot Mouse! I appreciate it! I was trying out a few different things here, and was originally trying to do some new turnaround licks, but forgot them every time it came to that point hahaha

17. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    I need to get more into grunge. This is the only Pearl Jam song I know, and I know In Bloom from Nirvana.

CigBurn and chrimturn like this.

18. chrimturn

chrimturn Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 14, 2013
    Cincinnati, Earth
    Nice job Dare. If you like Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains, check out a side project called Mad Season.

Look up Sunny Day Real Estate. They inspired a bunch of the Seattle guys, and two of them started the Foo Fighters with Dave Grohl, although that lineup changed throughout the years and Taylor Hawkins eventually replaced one of them.

Also look up Jets To Brazil, Orange Rhyming Dictionary. That's a good CD all the way through, if you give it a chance.

Dare1 likes this.

19. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    The Shed
    Good stuff Dare!

Dare1 likes this.

20. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    Thanks y'all! I appreciate it! And chrimturn, I'll definitely check those bands out, I've heard of Mad Season before but I've never looked into them in depth. Need to get on that for sure. But yeah I'll check them all out, thanks for the recommendations!

chrimturn likes this.