Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

day 6 of a 7 day program

Discussion in 'Tab & Music Forum' started by montemerrick, Jan 11, 2019.

1. montemerrick

montemerrick spiritual birthday, April 1 Strat-Talk Supporter

i've been warming up each day to a backing track by Sebastien Zunino, a guitarist in France, and videoing and posting on the dreaded facebook, so that my friends etc can see it... not that they're looking

this is today's - the phone should've been farther away from the computer...

2. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    Nice work Monte and a cool practice idea. Are you changing tracks ever 7 days then or was this just a one off thing?

montemerrick likes this.
  3. montemerrick

well, SZ puts out a new track every day... i play the new one every day, have been for a couple months - the 7 days was just posting on facebook...

but i think i'm switching to using the looper to lay out some chords and then play with that... help get my chords together too...

Mansonienne and Jesse414 like this.
  4. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    For a while what I was doing was playing rhythm along with stuff and then dropping in just a few bars for a break/solo. I did it that way myself because a short solo is more common in songs and it not only freed me up having to try and come up with ideas, but I found myself embellishing my rhythm stuff with little accent phrases that seemed interesting. I like a good long solo once in a while but for myself anyway it can end up just being too random so I figured structuring things to be more song like made more sense. At least that was my thinking at the time :)

5. montemerrick

well, just to bring it to a close... the last one of my 7 day facebook series, posting my warmup to the day's Sebastien Zunino backing track #294.

i wasn't really awake...had just barely touched my morning coffee.

as an aside, i just changed strings from Cleartones that advertised that they last 5 times longer and are 35% louder... i liked them at first, but after a few weeks of regular play began to break over the saddle so that i couldn't tune them. most unusual! these are regular old martin marquis 13s

Mansonienne, CigBurn and chrimturn like this.
  6. nungesser

nungesser They've Killed Fritz! Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    sounds great!

montemerrick and Cerb like this.
  7. duzie

duzie Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 1, 2016
    northwest nj
    That was cool Monte !
    I really enjoyed this.

montemerrick likes this.
  8. montemerrick

thank you gentlemen for dropping by the practice room!

duzie likes this.
  9. montemerrick

what the heck, here's 8 of 7

Mansonienne and CigBurn like this.