Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Deal of the year!

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by eldannydemex, Jan 12, 2018.

1. eldannydemex

eldannydemex Strat-Talk Member

Feb 2, 2013
    ilinois
    I will update later with more detailed pictures.

Paperback Rocker likes this.

2. Cold Shot

Cold Shot Strat-Talker

Dec 18, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    I dunno, I'm fixing to pull the trigger on an Ibanez RG550 with DiMarzio Evolutions for $150. It needs a couple of screws for the trem claw, but that's it. That and a solid setup/cleaning and it's good to go. I think I may have you beat. ;)

I'm just egging on you. That's an insane deal. You sure it wasn't stolen? :p

eldannydemex likes this.

3. eldannydemex

Feb 2, 2013
    ilinois
    I sure hope not...

Cold Shot likes this.

4. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    That is not the deal of the year ... that is the deal of a lifetime :cool: ~ congratulations !

elliotj26 and eldannydemex like this.

5. eldannydemex

Feb 2, 2013
    ilinois
    Thanks.

6. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Very nice deal indeed. :thumb: Sounds like the guy knew what he was selling, so it's not as if you robbed someone's widow or anything. I think I'm right in saying you can get a replacement certificate, but Fender is obviously super-wary about making sure it really is one of their CS guitars, and not something trying to legitimize a fake. The place to start is: consumerrelations@fender.com.

The certificate won't make the guitar play any better, but it will protect your (excellent) investment in the unlikely event you ever want to sell. Congrats!

tery and eldannydemex like this.

7. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    The cost of the certificate will be quite high though, they're not free.

eldannydemex likes this.

8. eldannydemex

Feb 2, 2013
    ilinois
    Thanks for this I didn’t know this was possible, I wait for him to find it, hopefully he will.

9. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Victoria TX
    I'm not going to thrust you until we know each other better. ;)

Last time I checked, replacement COA's were 100 bucks or so after the guitar is checked by a Fender dealer.

Bodean, eldannydemex and simoncroft like this.

10. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    I just Googled it and someone reckons it cost them $75 and a trip to get an Authorized Dealer to give the instrument a once-over. He also reckoned that Fender will give you the original build-sheet for the instrument if you ask, but I'm not sure if that applies to all CS guitars, or just Master Builds and Team Builds.

Paperback Rocker likes this.

11. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    My information goes back to 2014, so you could well be right.

eldannydemex likes this.

12. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house

13. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    WI
    You're going to end up with carpal tunnel from that neck. It's a known issue with those necks and probably why the seller let it go so low. You'll be lucky to get $500 if you try to unload it. If you're interested, I have a lightly used strat with a modern C neck I'd be willing to trade. Just to help a brother out.

14. Yves

Yves Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2016
    London
    Excellent !! Congrats!!
    Amazing deal!

eldannydemex likes this.

15. apm1991

apm1991 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 14, 2017
    Arizona
    eldannydemex likes this.

16. alderre

alderre Strat-O-Master

May 1, 2014
    New Braunfels
    Not to jump to conclusions, but was the seller in a desperate need for a fix? Is it stolen?

Why would anyone unload it for $700?

17. fldog

fldog Strat-Talker

Mar 5, 2017
    South Florida
    I love these type of purchase stories! Amazing deal! More details on the purchase please.. where did you find it etc..

eldannydemex likes this.

18. eldannydemex

Feb 2, 2013
    ilinois
    I did bought it in craigslist, an older guy not very interested in guitars anymore, he had a few more Mim sold for 200dlls.

19. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    As one of the older guys round here, I'd invite you to see this another way. I know there will come a time in my life when I can't play guitar the way I can now (which isn't even the way I could when I was 25, but hey...). When I get to a point where I'm really not cutting it, I'll start to sell my guitars. I'm hoping sale day is 2030+ but who knows?

When I do sell, the original purchase price will be a distant memory, and the current market value, hopefully not that important. What I will wish for, more than anything else, is that a younger player can get the guitar of his/her dreams and make my guitars sing again. If that means I sell them at a 'bargain' or 'steal' price, that won't bother me.

All I'll wish for is that they go to new owners who will genuinely treasure them and play them.

20. alderre

alderre Strat-O-Master

May 1, 2014
    New Braunfels
    That’s awesome