Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Deluxe Roadhouse Strat Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Stormy Monday, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Weeee doggie Strat-Talk Supporter

This showed up yesterday. Anyone else have a Deluxe Roadhouse with the electronics?

Attached Files:

Dick Blackmore and circles like this.

2. JeffreyB

JeffreyB New Member!

Jan 18, 2015
    Charleston,SC
    Wow, that's Perdy...
    And I was just having trouble choosing between the Vintage White and Sonic Blue, and now THIS shows up!?!

3. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    My #1 is a burst Roadhouse. I don't use the electronics these days though, and I'm pondering replacing it with a midboost circuit or something instead. Still, great guitars for the money.

4. Stormy Monday

when you say you aren't using the electronics, the S1 is off?

After playing this for a few days, I like the guitar. The V6 just seems like Fender's version of a Varitone. But with a battery. And I find that it lives on the 6th click for me.

5. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    Yeah, I've been keeping the S1 depressed to bypass the circuit. I usually had it on 4 back when I did use it. One nice thing about these is that you don't need the battery to run straight through, the battery's dead in mine and I haven't bothered to replace it. :eek:

6. Len Turner

Len Turner Strat-Talk Member

Feb 1, 2015
    East Texas
    Ever have one of those OMG! moments when you see something that completes overrides what little common sense and good judgement you might have had? :rolleyes: Well folks, this was it for me...

2013 MIM Deluxe Roadhouse Strat - sunburst, vintage pearl, Texas Special p/u's, S1/V6 preamp electronics, locking tuners, gold h/w. This is definitely a good one. Bought it used, but its in perfect condition. Looked like it had never been out of the case. Had a set up done on it and it plays oh so smooth! Still has the stock Texas Specials and the S1/V6 preamp stuff. Taking some of the advice here, I set both the 5-way and the V6 to pos. 4 with the preamp either in or out. I sort of like it with the preamp on, and the vol cut back a bit. Playing it through a new SCX2 so havin' some fun with the tone possibilities. They pair up quite well.

I'm surprised the Roadhouse series has not been more popular. The guitar itself it a smooth player. The neck seems to fit my old gnarly hands and fat fingers quite well. The fit and finish are absolutely immaculate. This is probably one of the finest looking guitars I've ever had the pleasure of owning. As far as I can see, there's no problem with production quality in Ensenada.

I know some folks don't like the preamp stuff and/or the Texas Special p/u's and some say the large headstock looks funky, but its all OK with me. If I get into the experimental mode, I may try some vintage style p/u's and wiring setup. But for the time being I'm going with what I got.

If you're in the market, I would certainly recommend taking a look at one of these.

Attached Files:

7. Blue33rd

Blue33rd New Member!

Jul 1, 2015
    Lincoln, England
    Just bought a sonic blue one last week, its fantastic.

skypeace and str1pes like this.

8. stjohn1299

stjohn1299 Strat-Talker

Sep 16, 2013
    Calhoun, LA
    Can't believe this club is so far down the list, as well as this guitar plays and sounds. Here's my Vintage White I picked up this past Saturday! Strat.jpg

9. str1pes

str1pes Strat-Talk Member

Jun 2, 2016
    usa
    I agree about these deluxe roadhouse guitars being majorly overlooked. I have a 2015 car deluxe roadhouse that I have kept all stock, and come to love it more every single day. Fantastic guitar. I can't praise it enough.
    The only slight alterations were decking the trem and lowering the pickups just a tad.

10. Loucid

Loucid Strat-Talk Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Canada

11. WEHJR68

WEHJR68 Strat-O-Master

Sep 8, 2010
    Posen, Illinois
    I'm in! This was my first foray into the MIM Strats. Yes, I was a snob, I admit it. My Lordy was I wrong, this thing is awesome and it is just beautiful. I do use the electronics, I call it the "turbo button". I have it set all the way clockwise, is that 1 or 6? Anyway, I was so stoked with this when I got it last August that I just bought a 2015 Lone Star the other day.

2015 MIM Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster (Vintage White) 1.jpg

Dick Blackmore likes this.

12. Mr. Lumbergh

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    My first Strat is a 2013 Roadhouse. I'll need to post the mandatory pic when I get home tonight.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017

13. Stormy Monday

I went and looked at the new ones. Seems like Fender is using this as a high end MiM model. Price also went up $200.

14. wmachine

wmachine Strat-Talker

Mar 5, 2016
    Ohio
    The new ones are not the same. Don't know how "good" they are, but they're certainly not comparing apples and apples. And the '14-'15 ones are different than earlier ones for that matter. I'm really impressed with my 2015 (made Jan 2016), especially for the $380 I paid for it brand new. Even the $599 street price is not that bad. My only complaint, and it is minor and easy to look past, is the thick finish, looking like the whole thing is encased in plastic. But the fit and finish is suburb, and once I start to play it, all is forgiven.
    [​IMG]

Dick Blackmore and Loucid like this.

15. WEHJR68

WEHJR68 Strat-O-Master

Sep 8, 2010
    Posen, Illinois
    The new models now have Vintage Noiseless pickups which I wouldn't mind and 12" radius necks which I do not like. They're still not giving you a case either, lol.

16. WEHJR68

WEHJR68 Strat-O-Master

Sep 8, 2010
    Posen, Illinois
    Oh, and Locking Tuners too!

17. stjohn1299

stjohn1299 Strat-Talker

Sep 16, 2013
    Calhoun, LA
    I meant to post this much much earlier, but here's mine after a PG change: Strat 2.jpg

18. d_t_p

d_t_p New Member!

Mar 13, 2018
    Central California
    I just bought one of these - Oly White with Mint Green pickguard. Once I block the trem and do a proper setup on it, I'm sure this thing will really sing.

I like the neck quite a bit. Very smooth on the back, nice and chunky without being huge. Plays real smooth. Great fretwork.

I don't understand why they aren't more popular. This thing is a great guitar. I think if Fender required stores to stock more of these, they would seriously cut into their American line sales. Great guitar for the gigging musician on a budget who wants great quality and sound without laying out 4 digits!

But yeah... the gig bag sucks but that is what helps make it more affordable I guess. I just bought one of those Gator "hybrid" case/bags so I hope I like that for carting it around.

19. Beargod

Beargod Strat-Talk Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Arlington, TX
    I just joined the site, I might as well get into the cool club with the rest of you guys. I just picked up My Copper Roadhouse last week. I had to give it the country gentleman makeover with a black pearl guard to go with the pearly black fret markers. Aside from the pick guard swap I can't think of a thing I would want to change about it.
    20180423_183849.jpg