Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Do I want an American Elite?

Discussion in 'Telecaster/Esquire Forum' started by Jigawatt, Nov 13, 2017.

1. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    The OP is in the UK. I'm not sure if they have thanksgiving sales there.

AAT65 and Jigawatt like this.

2. Eddie H

Eddie H Strat-Talk Member

Nov 11, 2017
    New York, NY
    ha ha. No Black Friday rush?

Jigawatt likes this.

3. 2-Finger

2-Finger Senior Stratmaster

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    I love the noiseless pickups in my deluxe thinline tele (not sure if these are exactly the same pickups).
    Anyway, your pink Tele looks AWESOME!! Maybe you could tell us more about it and post some good pics? :D

Jigawatt likes this.

4. Jigawatt

Jigawatt Strat-Talk Member

Oct 19, 2016
    UK
    Thanks! It's here. http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/parts-tele-evo-3-0.417702/

2-Finger likes this.

5. Jigawatt

Oct 19, 2016
    UK
    I've just got home from a rehearsal playing my pink one. I don't know why I need another guitar to be honest. But when has that stopped anyone...
    My pink one is pretty much everything I want playing and styling wise. I just fancied treating myself after a busy December of gigging with an 'out of the box' nice one. I have a parts guitar. I guess the closest thing to it would be an American 50's (But with a body contour!) I don't fancy taking a rasp to a brand new expensive guitar!

2-Finger likes this.

6. Jigawatt

Oct 19, 2016
    UK
    Pretty much every 'bar chord' I play is with my thumb on the bass note. I do play reasonably low.

I'll definitely give it a go though!

TheDuck likes this.

7. 2-Finger

2-Finger Senior Stratmaster

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium

8. Jigawatt

Oct 19, 2016
    UK
    Thanks. Just added another photo...

2-Finger likes this.

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Senior Stratmaster

I am sure there will be Christmas sales, which I would try and take advantage of if I was in the market for a new guitar.

10. Jigawatt

Oct 19, 2016
    UK
    IMG_3602.JPG UPDATE, NGD!

Fendereedo likes this.

11. Miller67

Miller67 Strat-Talker

Sep 1, 2016
    London

12. jwj1701

jwj1701 Strat-Talk Member

Sep 4, 2012
    lexington ky
    Totally agree Duck. I made the mistake of picking up an elite thinline. Bought it on the spot. I love the feel of the compound radius, have preferred satin for years and I don’t understand why people hate the noiseless because I was presently surprised at the tone. Everybody should at least try them out. I think they’d speak differently if they did. And your right, the strat necks are just a bit wider. After the Tele I found a great deal and bought one of those too. Love them. IMG_1004.JPG

TheDuck and The Birdman like this.

13. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    Passive, as opposed to active? I don't think the Elite has active pickups, does it?

14. The Birdman

The Birdman Strat-Talker

The Elite does not have active pickups.

15. sandgren

sandgren Strat-Talk Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Denmark
    I was looking for a tele, since I never owned one & always wanted. So, I started reading on the net and went to a store. Picked up one and bought it. When I took it home, I was floored by the sound of the 4gen pickups - no noise and a sweet, elegant tone, and it seems to have higher output than standard singlecoils. In fact I liked it so much that I started thinking of getting an Elite strat also. So I got this also, this time on post order from Thomann (first guitar I ever bought that way). The guitar was in a perfect shape, and my 90s American Standard with regular singlecoils paled in comparison - so I got rid of it. I can't say enough good things about the new Elite series - they are a joy to play and they sound incredible!

DSC02308_1.jpg DSC02313_1.jpg DSC02350_1.jpg DSC02355_1.jpg

joebloggs, Brian H and The Birdman like this.

16. Brian H

Brian H Senior Stratmaster

Feb 7, 2016
    Delaware

The pickups are really good. Blind test and I bet most people wouldnt be able to tell they are noiseless. And of course, its great not to have that humming going on. After I got my Elite I rarely play my other Strats.. I see Strats and think...hey I would like that but then realize I would never play it.

Thats a nice ash body. Often I dont like that because they have too many lines for my taste. But that one has some curves to it. :)

sandgren likes this.

17. joebloggs

joebloggs Strat-Talker

Jun 18, 2017
    The backyard
    That Tele is beautiful! Oh and the Strat isn't bad I guess.....:whistling:;):)
    I own an Elite Tele as well....Mystic Black.... 20180309_173214~2.jpg

sandgren likes this.