Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Do you follow a band?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by mjark, Oct 11, 2017.

1. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
    The drummer in our band sees Tedeschi/Trucks as often as he can. He's at their show in NYC tonight.

I've seen them twice both times with him. They're certainly good enough to see repeatedly. He's been to many, many shows.

I'll see the Subdudes whenever they come around but it's not quite the same thing.

carolinaeasy and abnormaltoy like this.

2. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy Thread derailer Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson
    I've seen a couple of bands, several times each, not following them, we just happened to be in the same place at the same time.

3. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Senior Stratmaster

May 2, 2016
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    Your drummer got good taste

4. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Most Honored Senior Member

May 7, 2014
    UK
    The Clash when they were around. I try not to miss UK dates by The Who.

xland likes this.

5. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Mar 11, 2010
    Norman, OK
    I wish I had the time to got to more shows. There are several I'd see every time I could. Work just really cuts into my free time. :D

6. BuddyGuy

BuddyGuy Strat-Talker

Sep 8, 2017
    Cleveland
    When I was in college I used to follow Bb King (RIP) and Bob Dylan. Haven’t seen Dylan in years, and sadly His Majesty passed away. These days I see Robert Cray, Tab Benoit any time they are nearby. There’s a few others plus some guys who grew up in my area that are not well known, but I support them when they are back in town.

7. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Senior Stratmaster

Oct 12, 2016
    US
    Back in the 2000's I used to see Porcupine Tree every time they were in the area (NY tristate area). They played smaller theaters (Town Hall, Nokia Theater) so it was always awesome. Same with Dream Theater when they were coming up through the ranks in the 90's. I saw them open for Deep Purple/ELP. As good as DP and ELP were, Dream Theater was the reason I was there. I wasn't alone :).

Raiders757 likes this.

8. tery

tery Senior Stratmaster

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    I am into Brad Paisley .

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

I followed Pearl Jam extensively during the 03 summer tour and parts of 05-06 (about 15 shows).

I went and saw Kings of Leon in their infancy way back in 02 or 03, and subsequently followed their shows through their rise and now plateau.

I never pass up a RHCP concert.

And I go to every Wilco concert I can attend within a four hour radius.

montemerrick likes this.

10. Stark

Stark Ghost of Johnny Thunders Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 16, 2011
    Richmond Annex, CA
    Kaori and I followed Johnny Thunders and the Oddballs on their last West Coast tour, back in 1989, before my 20th birthday. We made it to gigs in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Berkeley. We met him after the Berkeley Community Center gig. That remains a thrill for me.

It was this tour, just in Berkeley and not Manhattan:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017

11. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    I don't but my daughter is a rabid Bad Religion fan and follows them on tour whenever they hit the west coast. She has seen them over 30 times now. I wish I still had that much energy!

12. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    She has good taste.

sam_in_cali likes this.

13. velvet_man

velvet_man Strat-Talker

Sep 7, 2016
    Vancouver
    I've never followed a band like that, but back in the 90s and early 00s a bunch of my friends followed Phish around religiously. One of them plays guitar in a Phish-esque band called Grand Theft Bus now, which has its own loyal following (though not on the same level as Phish).

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017

14. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I went to an eff ton of Phish shows in the 90s. Drove from FL to Maine and saw them all over Florida. 1997 was a GREAT year for Phish.

i did not have dreads or anything like that though. I was pretty plain looking. I just liked the music and it didn't cost too much money to go to a Phish show in those days.

velvet_man likes this.

15. Dick Blackmore

Dick Blackmore Strat-Talker

Jan 10, 2017
    San Diego

16. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

There are bands that when they come to my city I go see every time.

propagandhi, mastodon, and sage Francis

all three put on great shows, all three are different styles, and they simply just move me. so I dig them.

now..

if all three were playing at the same time and I had to choose.. it would probably be Sage Francis first, simply because I have met him a few times and he is probably the nicest human ever with a heart.

propagandhi, I have only met the bass player Tod. but damn it, if every time I see them someone is cutting onions in the crowd and I get a little misty in the eyes for many reasons.
    mainly.. their music helped carry me through the darkest part of this young life of mine... so even though it brings back some VERY heavy memories. I welcome them and embrace them

Mastodon. What can I say? their music is awesome, they are all really talented, and I dig them. If they come by. YEAH I hit them up.

17. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    True...and she did go see ZZ Top and Slayer with me so I can't complain :thumb:

Mr. Lumbergh likes this.

18. Strats4me

Strats4me Senior Stratmaster

Feb 17, 2014
    Florida Panhandle
    i will go see Blackberry Smoke every chance i get....Outstanding live performances....

Damn Hippies!

go get 'em Charlie!

Dick Blackmore likes this.

19. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    See? It sounds like you're raising her right.

sam_in_cali likes this.

20. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Most Honored Senior Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    I try to see at least one Gregg Wright show when he comes to Louisiana. Probably seen him 6 or 7 times in the last few years.