Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

do you have enough guitars?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by newplayeroldguy, Mar 28, 2018.

well, do you?

1. yes, I'm as happy as a pig in a mud puddle

34 vote(s)
    21.0%
  2. I need one more- well, maybe two more

65 vote(s)
    40.1%
  3. I have the right number, but not the right ones

10 vote(s)
    6.2%
  4. I have too many, don't even know where some of them are

19 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. too many? there's no such thing

26 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. I want more, more, more

8 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Limbo

2. newplayeroldguy

newplayeroldguy in the wind

May 12, 2015
    north and east
    I need one more, and a different acoustic than the one I have now but don't really love

3. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

I do.

super happy with my two main guitars a strandberg and a 50s road worn strat.

Out side of that I have a couple V's to play on when the time calls for it, and two home made guitars that I like to pull out when company comes over.

I could pull out worse things...

dogletnoir and newplayeroldguy like this.

4. dueducs

dueducs Senior Stratmaster

Almost. I have four total (2 Strats, 1 Hollowbody, 1 Classical).
    Need a nice acoustic if anyone wants to donate an Ibanez AVN6 to a needy man-child living abroad.

Lovnmesomestrat likes this.

5. Dalendl

Dalendl Strat-Talker

Jan 2, 2016
    NW Mn
    I need to thin the herd. Problem is I don't buy cheap guitars and live in a remote area so selling them for a decent price locally is not easy.

JB74 likes this.

6. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    . . . just one more ;)

circles, Hedgehogz70 and GuitarPix like this.

7. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    I think I have enough, Mrs Bit thinks I have far too many.

8. ukoldgit

ukoldgit Senior Stratmaster

Feb 20, 2018
    Wiltshire UK
    Now wheres that calculator gone

West Coast Idea and Hairy Bear like this.

9. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Strat-Talker

Dec 16, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Of course not. I still need a LP style electric, 12 string electric, 12 string acoustic, maybe another Strat-oid, a hollow body jazz style, a parlor acoustic, a gypsy jazz acoustic, .......

davidKOS likes this.

10. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Senior Stratmaster

Oct 12, 2016
    US
    Some would say that by definition, you never have enough guitars. The number of guitars one needs follows this rule:
    Optimum # of Guitars = # of Guitars Currently Owned + 1

:)

Having said that, the last guitar itch I scratched was the tele one when I got my G&L ASAT Tribute. So with my 2 LPs, my PRS, my strat, my ASAT, and my acoustic, I honestly have enough. One day perhaps I'll get an LP equipped with P90's, but I have no immediate GAS for that.

West Coast Idea and Hedgehogz70 like this.

11. YALCaster

YALCaster Strat-Talker

Mar 14, 2017
    America
    I would like to own one of every body shape. Nothing too wild, just the mainstream, and a couple of the weird ones!

ryunker likes this.

12. mansbestfriend

mansbestfriend Strat-Talk Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Australia
    Have:
    CS 1960 Relic Strat
    Gibson ES-335

Need/Want:
    Gibson Les Paul Standard
    Gibson SG Custom (3x P90’s)
    Fender 52’ Tele
    Jackson Soloist

13. perttime

perttime Strat-Talker

May 4, 2015
    Finland

14. SachaPlusDeluxe

SachaPlusDeluxe Strat-Talker

Erm, I should really have enough, I'm at 32 including 14 strats but theres always something I need to add to my collection :)

SG
    Something with minihumbuckers
    Steinberger
    Something with P90s
    Warmoth build
    PRS
    etc....

I think I may have a problem.... trouble is I have a friend with over 35 and another with over 60 lol

15. albala

albala Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

May 10, 2012
    stamford, CT
    I'm on the hunt for a super flamey LP Double Cut.

Then I will have 17 guitars and have enough to see me through the finish line

16. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Right now I'm pretty content with what I have but I do have a few on my list i'd like to have around.

A classical guitar... mine was stolen.
    A Twelve String... don't really need this but they're fun and mine was stolen.
    A better strat. I've never owned a higher end strat. My Parts-caster is ok but I really want an American Special.

davidKOS likes this.

17. GuitarPix

GuitarPix Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    Yes, but no.

I have 9 plus two being reassembled now (so 11 ish). Since I’m doing more recording now, I’d like to add a 12 string, a PRS, and a baritone to the collective.

18. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Yes, sort of. I have definitely what I need but do want a few more to have some variety. What I'm really thinking I'll get more of are amps. I want a Marshall and a Carr Rambler and maybe a Tone King.

Have:
    EJ Signature RW Model
    Martin OM 21

Want:
    The new EJ Thinline
    American Original Tele
    Martin D 28 or D 45
    Gibson ES 335

19. RaySachs

RaySachs Strat-O-Master Silver Member

Jun 25, 2017
    Philly area
    I basically have the right number. One nice acoustic, one nice electric, one beater acoustic that I can abuse and not worry about.

I go back and forth between having one and two electrics. When I have two, one of them never gets played and I think I should get rid of it. But when I just have one, no matter how nice, I'm at risk of taking it for granted and forgetting how great it is, so then I start thinking I should have a second. I'm in that second place now - there's no question my relatively new PRS 594 is all the guitar I could ever want or need - I'll never own anything of higher quality or higher cost or that I'll enjoy more. But I'm thinking about adding a classic vibe tele or strat or something similar. Just so I can pick it up every now and then, enjoy it for it's different flavor, but then when I grab the PRS again, I'm reminded of how amazing it is and I'm in love again.

When I was heavily into cycling, I always had different bikes for different uses, but my main bike was always a fast road bike (I'm not a versatile enough guitarist to need different guitars for different purposes, other than electric and acoustic). And it was generally really important for me to have a second one. Not because I rode the second one much or NEEDED it in any real sense. But because it helped me appreciate how transcendently great my #1 was. My #1 was a custom Spectrum ti bike and it was as great a bike as the 594 is a guitar. And I always appreciated how amazing it was, but having a second one to ride occasionally that was really good but definitely not the #1, always helped me appreciate it. I'm probably in the same place with electric guitars. I'll probably eventually add a second one that will mostly take up space but will also be a good perspective check / reminder, etc. I know guys who've used this strategy with women - I could never pull that off and wouldn't want to, but I sort of get it...

-Ray

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018