Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Ebay Stratocaster Relic - "Mr. Pink"

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by ksounds, Mar 8, 2018.

1. ksounds

ksounds Strat-Talk Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Georgia
    Hey everyone, don't post here often, but I had to share my latest addition.

I was browsing eBay for strats and came across a listing for a relic'd pink stratocaster. I usually don't jump on my impulses, but after checking out the pictures, reading the description and the seller's feedback rating, I put a bid in. The seller and I came to a price agreement, and I pulled the trigger, happily!

The guitar is 94/95 mexican stratocaster. The seller has been restoring and setting up guitars for over 30 years, and you can really tell the guy knows what he's doing! The body was stripped of it's poly finish, and painted using Fender period correct process - white primer/color coat/clear coat - all nitro lacquer.

This was only the second pink relic he had done.The whole guitar is comprised of 100% Fender parts: full sized pots, new 5-way switch, new Fender nut, professional set-up and super fast 9.5" fretboard with ROLLED edges! Fast player for sure. Tremolo is set up how I like it, flush to the body - and it holds perfect tune when using the tremolo bar. It has the original mexican pickups, new fret dress, and the fit and finish is on point.

Overall, the guitar is a real joy to play. This is my first relic, and it's great knowing that any dings, dents, scrapes of knocks will only add to it's character. An added plus, it cost a small fraction of the cost of a genuine custom shop, and from the pictures I've seen online, it holds it's own. Of course this is all subjective, but I had to share this unique, one-of-a-kind guitar with you guys.

If anyone is interested, I highly recommend the ebay seller, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I share his seller name: kdoty2

Check him out if you get a sec as I'm sure he'll have more awesome relic'd guitars listed in the future.

Here are the pics-

Nubs, 2-Finger, Yves and 1 other person like this.
  2. shupe13

shupe13 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 17, 2010
    Greenfield, IN
    Congrats!

No pics tho!!

3. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Strat-Talk Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Woodstock
    Cool Strat! Enjoy that pank thang!!!

4. Misty Mountain

Misty Mountain Strat-Talker

Jan 1, 2013
    Seattle
  5. Deebs3

Deebs3 Strat-O-Master

Jul 10, 2014
    Australia
    Yeah that's some nice pink..

6. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    That is awesome. I've dealt with that guy in the distant past. His name looked familiar so I looked him up, he's from Lee's Summit MO where I went to junior high. That's a great price but the auction gave zero info on what you're buying, other than "all Fender parts".

7. ksounds

ksounds Strat-Talk Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Georgia
    Yeah, you're right. We communicated back and forth several times regarding the specifics of the what I was buying. He was happy to provide a picture of the serial number on the neck before he refinished it, which is how I dated it to 94/95. Also, based on his bin, I made the obvious assumption that this was not an American guitar; on the used market most standard American guitars are sold for a bit more than what this one was sold for. I really don't have bias to what country the guitar is manufactured in, as long as it plays good, sounds good and in this case looks really good. The premium I paid for this Mexican stratocaster really went to the artistry and talent the seller has in providing a relic'd experience at a great value.

shupe13 likes this.
  8. CeltRocka

CeltRocka Senior Stratmaster

May 28, 2009
    Wales UK
    Great colour combo. Ive got a shell pink body and dark RW neck I need to build DSCF5282.JPG

ksounds, shupe13 and Synapse2k like this.
  9. gofmusic

gofmusic Senior Stratmaster

Sep 24, 2013
    Montevideo
    Thats an awsome job really. Congrats, and thanks for sharing and for the tip!

10. Synapse2k

Synapse2k Strat-O-Master

Nov 13, 2015
    USA
    That’s a sweet looking strat!

11. shupe13

Feb 17, 2010
    Greenfield, IN
    I’m bummed that I can’t see the pictures!

12. shupe13

Feb 17, 2010
    Greenfield, IN
    I dig it!

13. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Senior Stratmaster

Sep 4, 2015
    New Jersey
  14. Yves

Yves Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2016