Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Emerson Pre wired kits.

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by Rpm000e, May 15, 2018 at 8:40 PM.

1. Rpm000e

Rpm000e Strat-Talk Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Leonardsville
    I bought one of these,kits recently and noticed not all the connections are soldered such as this

0515182034.jpg

The output jack has this connection as well. What kind of a connection is this?

2. railroadman

railroadman Senior Stratmaster

Feb 24, 2012
    N.J.
    It's a conventionally soldered connection with heat shrink tubing over it.

3. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    How do you like the performance of the kit itself? I’m considering getting one for my Kotzen telecaster.

4. railroadman

railroadman Senior Stratmaster

Feb 24, 2012
    N.J.
    I bought an Emerson harness for an Epi Dot, to go with a pair of Duncan '59s.

Quality and workmanship are impeccable. The pots are top-shelf- smooth rotation with a nice even taper. Two thumbs up.

strat_strummer likes this.

5. Rpm000e

Mar 30, 2018
    Leonardsville
    Havent installed it yet. Been waiting on some Rose pickups. Will let you know when I get em.

6. Bladesg

Bladesg Senior Stratmaster

Oct 31, 2013
    Australia
    I know you didn't direct the question at me, but I used the Emerson 4 way switch in my Tele when I installed Lollar pickups a couple years ago and I can't fault the components or assembly. Honestly don't think I could've bought the parts and assembled it myself for the price considering they're all top quality components.

If you go the 4 way for your Tele, be sure to add the extra wire as instructed to the neck pickup.

7. Rpm000e

Mar 30, 2018
    Leonardsville
    I dont know if its a normal thing for these kits but my wiring harness ive got isn't completely soldered. Some connections,to the pots and 5 way switch merely have the wires hooked through the connections. Which I guess I'm not overly pissed about, but..I'm wondering if they're all sold like this?

8. Bladesg

Bladesg Senior Stratmaster

Oct 31, 2013
    Australia
    I've only installed 2 of their prewired kits, the 4 way in my own Tele and a strat prewired kit I installed in friends guitar to replace a inoperative 920D setup and both were high quality and robust with solid wire in the right places.

9. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Strat-O-Master

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    That sounds like a quality control problem. I would talk to the company and let them know what you received.