Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Eric Clapton movie

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by guitarface, Feb 11, 2018.

1. guitarface

guitarface Senior Stratmaster

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    the movie, Eric Clapton - Life in Twelve Bars debuted on showtime last night. Anybody watch it? I did. It was pretty good. Not exactly what I'd expected. It dragged in a couple spots and left out a few musical what happened next type things that I was curious about, but overall, it was very good.

Electgumbo likes this.

2. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Lost Planet Airman Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    I’ll find it and watch it today. Thanks for the post...

3. dante1963

dante1963 Strat-Talker

Apr 28, 2016
    St. Louis
    I liked it. I thought it was odd that they left out the Delaney and Bonnie period. He did basically wind up stealing their band out from under them. It was also odd seeing all the footage of him drunk onstage. And the Conner footage was hard to watch. Overall, not a perfect documentary, but the best we’ve had on him, yet.

4. guitarface

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    Yes, I wanted just a little bit more about the transition from blind faith to Bonnie and delaney and working on all things must pass. Like, maybe just a little more on how he found the musicians in the dominoes and how he got hooked into his period of working mostly with American musicians from Oklahoma. But I suppose that's where it departed from a that's what happened next and then after that this is what happened.

5. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Lost Planet Airman Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    Just watched it. Pretty cool. Like others have said it seems they kinda glossed over more then a few points. But I guess it’s really neither here or there. It was still a fun thing to watch. I guess like JB used to say “You pay the cost to be boss”.

6. guitarface

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    Thought I'd just bump this thread with a public service announcement. If you're interested in the movie but don't have showtime, showtime has a stand alone streaming service that you can get on a lot of devices like your laptop or a roku. They do a free trial that I did once for another show. It worked fine.

SurfsUp and Electgumbo like this.

7. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    its a MUST see for me........perhaps tonight after work

8. dblvnm

dblvnm Strat-Talk Member

May 1, 2017
    Las Vegas Nevada
    COOL, I have been waiting for this to come out, now I have something to do tonight.

9. Mr Hockey

Mr Hockey Strat-Talker

Aug 20, 2014
    Kennesaw , GA
    I recorded it 3 times. The first time the sound was messed up. The second time it was apartial recording due to a rain storm. The third time I hope is a charm.