Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Euroguestock (2018/2019) - Marbella, Spain?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Omar, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Is around Nov 1st too late?

Omar likes this.
  2. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    Don't change any dates just for me - I might be able to work something out anyway. Keep it for the 6th - there's a long time to go yet.

Omar likes this.
  3. CaseCandy

CaseCandy Senior Stratmaster

May 9, 2015
    UK/Ireland
    Tentative too please.

Last time I visited that Marbella / Puerta Banus area it was considered the expensive part of the C.Del Sol. Less Salubrious places not far along the coast will offer cheap accommodation though, maybe out of season Marbella would be cheaper. Cheap flights into Malaga are available, about 70km along the Carretera.

2-Finger and Omar like this.
  4. montemerrick

montemerrick spiritual birthday, April 1 Strat-Talk Supporter

Hmm sounds interesting... I've never been to Spain. I've been to Oklahoma, but it's hard to see how that's relevant to the conversation.

s5tuart, 2-Finger, Omar and 4 others like this.
  5. Mipstoo

Mipstoo Senior Stratmaster

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    If we do it in Marbella, we should play something of Alvin Lee...

6. Mipstoo

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    And eat Paella...

Come to think of it... I had the second highest earning day in Marbella as a street musician traveling Spain in my teens... Park dela Constitucion... The Boulevard... The playa's... all perfect for earning some money

7. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Or Arroz con pollo (I don't eat fish or seafood....I know, it’s a pain...)!:D

Omar and Mipstoo like this.
  8. Mipstoo

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    No problem... Chicken is fine. We can even make a giant tortilla de patatas all together...

Omar and Mansonienne like this.
  9. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Oh I don't want to deprive anyone of paella!

Mipstoo and Omar like this.
  10. s5tuart

s5tuart My Dad used to say.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Superb! I'm in for that! :D

11. Omar

Omar Most Inquisitive Junior Jazzer Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 9, 2017
    Marbella, Spain
    lol good reason :D

Could be late Sept or October or even November. It depends on other members.

Dont worry about accommodation, I'll get best prices, it's my job actually :D Yes, Marbella is expensive in general, but cheaper outside Summer.

Spain is next to Oklahoma, the exit before Oklahoma's one :D I really hope you make it! Maybe convince @dogletnoir too ;)

I have good food plans for all tastes ;) I will spoil all of you :rolleyes:

Mansonienne, s5tuart and montemerrick like this.
  12. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    So I could get a plane ticket with miles and about €40 euros...but may have to rent a car? If I can find cheapish accommodation this could be doable...;):sneaky:

Omar likes this.
  13. Omar

Aug 9, 2017
    Marbella, Spain
    I can arrange for transportation and whatever you may need. However, I need to know the approximate budget that each person is willing to pay.

How much did Euroguestock III cost each person? How much Belgium's Euroguestock would cost?

14. Omar

Aug 9, 2017
    Marbella, Spain
    For accommodation, I have many apartments and villas. Also, can arrange good prices with hotels.

Transportation, you can hire a car at the airport for low price or online (http://www.doyouspain.com/index.htm). Or I can arrange for airport pickup with the companies I deal with around the year.

Edit: For how many days does a Euroguestock session last? Three days/two nights?

15. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Thanks, Omar.
    I would probably arrive Friday and leave Sunday.
    I still have a lot of question marks so can’t really commit or come up with a firm budget... I would probably aim for around 100 euros max per night if at all possible. That’s what I’m paying in Brussels. I’d be happy to share a bigger space (villa, flat) with other jammers.
    How much notice are you going to need from us?
    Oh, and this is very important: this should not become a huge burden for you. We are happy for suggestions and stuff but please don’t feel you have to make a bunch of arrangements for us beyond the jam space/equipment and eventually a place for Saturday dinner. :thumb:

2-Finger, Omar and s5tuart like this.
  16. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Oh and you may need to find a rhythm section...:D

s5tuart likes this.
  17. s5tuart

s5tuart My Dad used to say.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Well said Andrea! Omar, if you get the basics right (rehearsal space and instruments, and a place to eat after) the rest will fall into place without you having to knock yourself out on other details.
    Maybe some of us can share a villa and even share some car hire (although a car might not be necessary)
    It's early days yet and a lot can happen in between times. :D

Mansonienne, 2-Finger and Omar like this.
  18. Omar

Aug 9, 2017
    Marbella, Spain
    Andrea and Stu, thank you my friends :) please be rest assured that organizing everything is my pleasure and is no way a burden. I’ll be your host therefore I have to make sure you have the best experience and problem-free trip.

Since I’m unable to make to Euroguestock events outside Spain, I consider it generosity of you to come to Spain.

I have villas for 20 persons and others for up to 25. It depends how many are willing to share and who would prefer something private. For me, it’s not a big deal arranging such matters, it’s actually my job :D

I’m still searching for a studio, I’ll update this thread as soon as I get prices.

As I’ve mentioned in the first post, I can arrange for a paid gig if you want.

Let me know what you need and I’ll do my best to fulfill them ;)

2-Finger and s5tuart like this.
  19. Del1

Del1 Senior Stratmaster

Aug 12, 2010
    Kent, UK
    @Omar, from all your posts I've read, you sound like a very good person. But perhaps no longer a junior member...?:)

Mansonienne and Omar like this.
  20. 2-Finger

2-Finger Senior Stratmaster

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    @Omar, count me in!!! October 6th is fine for me :thumb:

Mansonienne and Omar like this.