Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Euroguestock 4.5? October, UK

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by nutball73, Aug 25, 2018.

1. s5tuart

s5tuart My Dad used to say.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    This version....

and.....

and.....

simoncroft likes this.
  2. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    I’m booked in same place Friday night.

s5tuart, Siegfried91 and simoncroft like this.
  3. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Yes, we're confirmed for the 10th thanks to @nutball73. I've checked the map, and the placed you've booked is close. It's also given some bad ratings. (It's also been given some good ratings. Who knows?)

We've booked into the Borehamwood Travelodge: https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels...0][extras][0]=&lozenges=&strikeThroughShown=1

@s5tuart will book the same place, and there may be others.

s5tuart likes this.
  4. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Hazel and I can both play basic keyboards. John Lord or George Duke we ain't. Floyd? Probably.

Cool! I was thinking earlier that I was sorry you didn't play last time. Hopefully, I've just edited the spreadsheet so that anyone can put their name down: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uTMs-qrpFJbmG-cId4oY441JWXP6YNQhEL7COBa--x0/edit#gid=0 If it doen't work, please tell me!

Please let us know if you've committed cash and we should pay up.

alainvey, s5tuart and Mansonienne like this.
  5. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    I'm booked in for Saturday night too! I'll get my beer goggles ready!
    I'll drive so will bring 2 guitars and my little amp.
    If anyone needs a lift on the way just shout. I will drive down on Saturday morning, early-ish, probably down the A1 from Bedford, so past Stevenage, Welwyn, Hatfield....or I can go the M1 past Luton, Hemel if needed.....

simoncroft likes this.
  6. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    What do we owe you Nutjob? Do you want cash on the day or paying beforehand? I can do bank transfer or Paypal gift...

7. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    Let's do cash on the day - it depends on how many turn up. There's no rush. If it all goes Pete Tong I can cancel the booking so long as I give 72 hours notice.

simoncroft and s5tuart like this.
  8. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    It seems as if we'll probably get to 10! It will be great! Thanks so much for organising us! :D

simoncroft and Mansonienne like this.
  9. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    What time will we be starting? Never mind, just saw 11 am. Yes, thanks, Graham, for organising this.
    I'm booking the last Eurostar (8pm...). I'm sad to not stay for dinner but really need to get back home Saturday night.
    I should be getting in early-ish on Friday (17:15 at Luton, should be in Edgware by 7pm ish), so would love to see you and Hazel, @simoncroft (and anyone else who's around of course!), for dinner if that works for you. I'm still hoping to drag Liam along, especially since now I have to renege on a Friday night pint in Dublin...:(

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    simoncroft and s5tuart like this.
  10. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    I could play on Another Brick In The Wall and/or Wish You Were Here... not sure that's what you mean by "unusual", though...;)

btw, I'm putting myself down to sing some songs (and hopefully the voice lessons I'm starting will have had at least some positive effect by then! ;)) but if anyone else is interested in singing those songs, let me know.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    simoncroft likes this.
  11. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    @s5tuart - are you doing both parts for the Hotel California solo? I could have a go at learning the Walsh bit if you do Felder? Also, do you want to do the harmony solo on Can't get enough? If so I'll try and pick that up. Do you prefer the high or the low bit (or both?).

@Miller67 - fancy doing 21 guns again? I'll join in this time...

@Mansonienne - I look forward to hearing your dulcet tones. I can't sing to save my life but I might try and fill in on a few if we don't have volunteers. Biggest problem is that I can't play and sing at the same time and I enjoy playing a lot more!

Mansonienne likes this.
  12. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    Cool! Thanks for asking! Yes please, I'd love to do the Felder parts. Harmony on Can't Get Enough is fairly straightforward (famous last words!!) so yeah. I'll take the high road and you take the low road and I'll be in the do-do before you! :p

I'll also do the lead on 21 Guns if you want, or we can share it/do two leads?...I know that Siegfried is pretty adept at rhythm on it too!

13. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    I'm going to put the Stevie Nimmo one on again. I might try singing it, but someone else will have to learn the riff...

Btw, if anyone's interested, Stevie's playing the Beaverwood Club in Chislehurst (5 minute cab ride from me) on Tuesday October 9th. It's bound to be awesome. I'm taking the family so if you want a seat at our table give me a shout.

s5tuart likes this.
  14. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    Also, I'm going to stick a load of stuff in the spreadsheet as suggestions to try if we get enough votes, but if they aren't popular then we'll leave them out!

s5tuart and Mansonienne like this.
  15. s5tuart

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    I learned the riff last time, so I put myself down on it.

16. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    It's a shame that I didn't know you when we used to live in Bromley, because I could have made this gig and others in the area very easily. I'm afraid Worthing to Chislehurst is a bit too much of a schlep.

While we're divvying up duties, I think I'm right in saying you are the only other 'regular' bass player we have. If you'd care to play bass on any numbers, you're welcome to use my bass. If I don't see your name against a particular song in the bass column, I'll put my name down. Should anyone step forward to say "but I wanted to play bass!" I'll happily share.

I have no especial ambitions to play guitar this time round. If I find there are some songs where I have idle hands, I could always try to learn some keyboard parts.

s5tuart and Mansonienne like this.
  17. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    Much appreciated Simon. I'd fill in with bass but I don't have one to practice with!

OK - Do we have some numbers for dinner yet? I'm guessing I'll need to talk to the restaurant in advance.

I'm thinking it's 10ish?

18. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Maybe the best thing is to say it's 10, then refine the count closer to the day. That way, at least we know we've got a table. Thank you for doing this.

s5tuart likes this.
  19. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    OK I'll see what I can do. BTW, Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash tomorrow night if you were around - £15 on the door...

simoncroft likes this.
  20. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    I'll turn a Blind Eye to that one.

s5tuart and Thrup'ny Bit like this.