Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Euroguestock 4.5? October, UK

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by nutball73, Aug 25, 2018.

1. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    That's a shame, but we should be grateful for the other times you've stepped up to the plate. Dave, you are a total gent. Love from us both to Debbie too. H&S

Mansonienne and Groovey like this.
  2. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    :(

3. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    Ah well - next time! Take it easy Dave. We only moved the date to accommodate you...

(only joking)

Groovey and Mansonienne like this.
  4. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    Looks like we'll be busy then, with fewer of us. I've added a couple more songs in case we don't have enough ;)

@simoncroft I thought you'd appreciate Badge...

I do hope @CaroCrousti and Marc are able to get there. Matt the drummer has added himself to the list so I waiting on @alainvey

If it looks like we are short on guitars I can drive there and bring a couple, but I'd prefer to go by train and have a few beers...

alainvey likes this.
  5. alainvey

alainvey Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2015
    London, UK
    Hey there, yep we’re both still on! Dinner for me, will see about Matt.

Mansonienne and nutball73 like this.
  6. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Badge was one of the first songs I learned to play on bass! :D

7. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    That's great. Could you do me a favour though and put your name against any songs you want to play on? Same for everyone, really.

I'll tell it how it is. The tinnitus is getting right on my nerves, and I have no interest in learning songs we don't end up playing. So if the 'Good to go' column on the spreadsheet doesn't go green, that song won't have me on bass, even if I've put my name down.

Sorry if that all sounds a bit heavy-handed, but I have to consider my health.

Mansonienne and alainvey like this.
  8. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    @simoncroft - I sympathise! Unfortunately I don't have a bass so I can't really help out much. However I'll get an acoustic and let's do some gentle numbers to give you a rest.

I'm running through as many songs as possible so I can fill in with guitar if nobody else does. But to be fair there are some songs I don't particularly want to do just because I don't like em much!

Let's also make sure we have regular breaks. Unfortunately the budget doesn't stretch to a masseur/masseuse between songs! Otherwise my arthritis would be a lot better.

alainvey and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  9. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    Don't want this turning into an old git/curmudgeon thread!

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  10. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    Ok, I've added an "acoustic" section, with a bunch of songs we can do acoustic versions of. Please feel free to add any favourites. I've put myself down as guitar, but please take my place if you'd like. On the vocal side I can maybe do some but I tend to forget to play, so it might be better if we have a bit of a sing along...

It's getting a bit Kumbaya now...

Mansonienne likes this.
  11. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    I've just spoken to the studio - they say their acoustic/electric is "a bit basic". That probably matches my playing, but I might try and sort something else out. Failing that I'll have to drive up with a car full.

12. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    You clearly haven't read the rider in my contract: "A selection of sandwiches, two bottles of Jameson's, masseuse between songs..." :D

Sorry, I was being a bit grumpy last night.

s5tuart, Thrup'ny Bit and nutball73 like this.
  13. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    You forgot the bowl of M&M’s with all the brown ones removed.

simoncroft likes this.
  14. Siegfried91

Siegfried91 Strat-Talk Member

Mar 12, 2018
    France
    I think if masseuses are not present, the brown m&m's will be not here as other colors of course.
    Anyway, i will be here to play 21 gun s. Someone will play the accoustic part? I take the electric part.

simoncroft likes this.
  15. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    I volunteer @Miller67 if I'm doing the vocals!

simoncroft likes this.
  16. Miller67

Miller67 Strat-Talker

Sep 1, 2016
    London
    I will learn that. Some of my acoustic barre chords are a bit ropey so this will be an incentive to practice!

simoncroft and Groovey like this.
  17. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    You did it fine last time. Doesn't have to be acoustic so long as you have the magic foot!

BTW I'm more than happy spending a bit of time taking people through songs on the day - it doesn't have to all be one take wonders!

Mansonienne and simoncroft like this.
  18. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    You make a valid point. We don't have to launch into songs with no prior discussion. In fact, some discussion before each song would be very productive. However, that only works if there is a group discipline to have 'quiet times' when you plan the next song, then 'performance' times when you play them.

It only takes one person to decide their priority is to discover whether they can still play the sousaphone, or whatever, and it becomes very hard for everyone else to talk to each other.

This may be why so few management training courses are held in the same room as a rock band in rehearsal. :whistling:

alainvey, s5tuart, nutball73 and 2 others like this.
  19. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    We were having this very discussion after band practice last week...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  20. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    A lack of structure is one reason why I was a bit concerned before attending the last Euroroguestock (my first). I used to hate 'jams' in my earlier years because it just ended up as interminable noise for hours.

Having a song list is a good way to keep it on track.

Mansonienne likes this.