Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Euroguestock 4.5? October, UK

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by nutball73, Aug 25, 2018.

1. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    I could definitely play it, but I think I've already bitten off about as much as I can chew. Just learning to sing this many songs is a big ask, especially when I'm playing bass at the same time.

To be honest with you, the acoustic songs you've put forward are very nice, but maybe too advanced for a one-off jam involving players of mixed abilities? I have a feeling you'll get more takers for the Kooks, Beatles, Manford & Sons, Dylan... Anything that involves a few strummable chords, basically.

s5tuart likes this.
  2. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    OK that's fine Simon - if anyone wants to suggest some songs that's all good. I only wanted to give your tinnitus a break from time to time.

And to everyone else - as Simon has already said - I'd like to reiterate this is a social event as much as anything else, so don't hurt yourselves practising or worry about not learning something.

It's all about having fun and sometimes life has to get in the way!

3. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    I'm running through all the songs now to see what I can and can't do.

I'd really like to do Substitute. I'm down for the guitar, which I really enjoy, but I could do the vocals at a stretch. Trouble is my lack of talent doesn't allow me to do both at the same time.

So I'll do one if someone else does the other?

simoncroft likes this.
  4. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    The limited time Special Offer comes with its own charts, which are yours to keep in any case!

I've said this before, but if anyone wants chords, or TAB I can normally upload them on demand. I also have MIDI files for a lot of the songs.

Groovey likes this.
  5. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Hey, when one door closes another shuts! Or to put it another way, just as Graham is solving one problem, I'm busy spotting another one.

I don't think I can sing Secret Agent by Rory Gallaher.

Also, there are some 'green' songs were I'm in the Vox 2 column, meaning we don't currently have a lead singer for Not Fade Away and Paper Plane. We can probably make them work as-is but they'd be even better with a 'proper' singer!

6. Miller67

Miller67 Strat-Talker

Sep 1, 2016
    London
    Ill give it a go if desperate. As you know, I am more enthusiasm than talent but we are all friends!

Siegfried91, nutball73 and simoncroft like this.
  7. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    I’ll check out Secret Agent. I sing Bad Penny in our band.

nutball73 and simoncroft like this.
  8. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    OK, the good news is I can make a better job of singing most of these songs than I first feared. The bad news is my throat starts to get shot after about five songs. Whether that situation gets better or worse over the coming weeks is anybody's guess, because singing this many songs is completely uncharted territory for me.

Mansonienne and nutball73 like this.
  9. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    That’s great - just don’t practise too much and save it for the day!

I have to knock it on the head for a bit because my fingers are sore (and my families ears are sore from my dreadful singing).

simoncroft likes this.
  10. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    You're right mate, a little bit each day until THE day. While some of the keys aren't great for me, I'm working round it. Still enough days to make a good job of it. :)

11. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    A couple of songs where I could do with help on the vocal front.

The Boys are Back in Town: The chorus is a call-and-answer. If one or two of you could provide the 'answer' part, it would save that section from sounding like and old man giving a station announcement. :sneaky:

White Room: The high part that Clapton sings on the live version is a bit too high for me. Anyone care to share on that song?

Mansonienne likes this.
  12. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    I’ll check it out. Singing is something I can work on.

simoncroft likes this.
  13. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    One of the things that struck me when I was mixing the audio for Euroguestock IV was what a good voice you've got. Knowing that guitar and bass might be off-limits for you this time round, it would be great to get you singing more. Most of the songs we'll be playing have harmony vocal parts. You're also welcome to take any of the lead vocal parts I'm currently down for.

Obviously, we'd all be delighted to think your hands were in good enough shape to play some guitar/bass, but you shouldn't be practicing until you've seen a medical professional, and then fully recovered.

Wishing you well. :thumb:

H & S

Mansonienne likes this.
  14. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Thanks!

15. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    I might be able to manage the "boys are back in town" at the same time as hitting the A chord - fortunately it's not much more complicated at that point!

16. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    tambo.jpg

;)

simoncroft and Mansonienne like this.
  17. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    @alainvey - I've just round to detuning my guitar and having a go at The Boys are back. I may have sent you a bit of a curved ball about "the high part". In the songsterr tab, I'm doing GTR 1, which does the higher harmony during the verses but then at the end just repeats - which means you are GTR II, which is lower in the verses but climbs up at the ending.

Hope that's OK (being better than me I fully expect you'll cope!).

alainvey likes this.
  18. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    If you use the link to all the sound files I posted earlier in this thread, you'll find I pitch-shifted all the songs to A=440, meaning you don't have to down-tune to play along with any of them. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

alainvey and nutball73 like this.
  19. simoncroft

May 30, 2013
    SE England