Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Euroguestock IV - Tawny Owl's nest

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by BegForMore, Feb 1, 2018.

1. s5tuart

s5tuart My Dad used to say.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    See post number 76. ;)

I don't of course know the venue or the scale of the PA and the skills of whoever will be working the mixer, but using, say, a mic'd up 10 watt solid state amplifier for monitoring what you're playing on stage as well, is going to be tricky in my opinion.
    I would much rather use a 50W or 100W valve amp at 10 watts on stage than a small solid state amp trying to compete with drums and bass and every other player.

Of course, I could be very wrong Manuel. Do you know what the house PA consists of, how much wattage there is and how many speakers, and if there is a sound-person to operate it, or is it just a set and forget type of arrangement.

I'm a tad concerned because we will be playing to a paying (?) audience... if it was "only" a jam it certainly wouldn't matter so much.

felis and 2-Finger like this.

2. 2-Finger

2-Finger Senior Stratmaster

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    Hi Stu, I'll find out more about the PA and sound person. The PA should be good enough as there are some big concerts / events for hundreds of people in this hall. But in any case we are not going to use 10W solid state amps, that would definitely be not powerful enough, even for monitoring. We will also talk to the sound guy well in advance to make sure we have all the technical details covered.

Regarding the audience, we will be inviting friends, neighbours etc... And then of course anyone that happens to come by can see/hear us. I need to check again with @BegForMore if there is a plan to charge a small fee, but I do not think so.

felis likes this.

3. s5tuart

s5tuart My Dad used to say.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    Aha! That all puts a different light on it Manuel! Thanks for explaining. :D
    The usual rule of thumb for concert PA is 2 watts per person and there should also be a capable foldback arrangement too from what you've explained. For some reason I had the idea of a gigging PA amp and a couple of 2 x 12 columns! :eek:

I think talking to the sound guy is a great idea, so we know what to expect. It may even be that the venue does have some amps available to borrow and he will know that. We can then plan accordingly.

If it's only friends and neighbours and casual passers-by listening we certainly don't want to charge do we. :confused::oops:

I'll leave it all in your capable hands mate. Many thanks. :D

4. 2-Finger

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    Hello everyone!! Euroguestock never sleeps - time to get prepared for the next event in Belgium on 9 June 2018!

I have created a separate tab for the Belgian set list, available at the usual link

Can we get an updated attendance list? I believe the following people confirmed:

@BegForMore
    @felis + Missus
    @2-Finger (me) + my son Hugo
    Sam + Manon (the two new singers of our Kinky Monarchy band)
    @Mansonienne + @CaroCrousti + Claire (?) + ???
    @s5tuart
    @Groovey + ?

I did not really hear back from @simoncroft, a pillar of these events!

What about the other guys from the London crew: Liam @nungesser, Sam @alainvey, Craig @Miller67, Graham @nutball73, and perhaps I forgot someone? I know that Joyce and @Malurkey cannot make it. I'm counting on @Mansonienne for confirmations regarding the French contingent :)

Anyone else????? The more the merrier :)

Mansonienne likes this.

5. 2-Finger

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    adding @Omar who is organising Euroguestock V in Marbella :)

Omar and felis like this.

6. Mipstoo

Mipstoo Senior Stratmaster

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    What? You're organising something in Belgium...! :thumb:
    Where?

2-Finger, Mansonienne and felis like this.

7. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-Talker

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    I'm checking dates - unfortunately this falls right in the middle of my daughters exams so it might be a problem.

I'll try and work something out in the next week..

8. Mipstoo

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    Ok, found it... At the other side of the forest! I almost feel obliged to come... That's a 5 minute drive and I spend a lot of time of my youth in the venue...

9. felis

felis Senior Stratmaster

Nov 27, 2013
    Antwerp/Belgium
    @blueworm

2-Finger likes this.

10. Mipstoo

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    ***domme... Probably I play a concert the evening of the 7th in Waterloo... Still no deposit, but I can't skip.

However, I can come before/after and finally meet some faces... Didn't know there were Strat-talkers so nearby...
    I can also spare some amps if needed... If you guys/girls be gentle on the tubes...

Mansonienne and felis like this.

11. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    I’m afraid for some of the French contingent it’s too soon to call. Not because they aren’t sure they want to, but they aren’t sure they’re able to.
    I think Claire is nearly certain, and Bruno and his friend Camille said they’re coming.

2-Finger and felis like this.

12. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    But isn’t Belgium rather small, as countries go? Surely it won’t take more than a day to get from Waterloo to Brussels?? :D (Or did you mean on the 9th?)

Mipstoo and felis like this.

13. 2-Finger

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    In Jezus-Eik, a nice green suburb just 4km South of Brussels - you joining? :)

Mipstoo, Mansonienne and felis like this.

14. 2-Finger

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    It takes 20 minutes :)
    I think he got the dates wrong....

Mipstoo, felis and Mansonienne like this.

15. 2-Finger

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    Euroguestock is on June 9th (Saturday). If your concert is on the 7th then you should be fine!

Mipstoo, Mansonienne and felis like this.

16. 2-Finger

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    It would be great to meet you!

Mansonienne and felis like this.

17. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Another one I have to miss. :mad: Too much family stuff going on with our aging mothers to make any plans at all, in the foreseeable future.

18. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-Talker

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    Ok I've checked dates and unfortunately there's no way I can do it - too much family stuff on at the time. Have a great time - hope it goes well!

19. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Or he’s walking:D

s5tuart, felis and Mipstoo like this.

20. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    :(