Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Fake Yngwie Malmsteen Strat

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Rafaelmd, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Rafaelmd

Rafaelmd Strat-Talk Member

May 26, 2018
    UK
    Hi. This guy is selling this guitar:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Stratocaster-Yngwie-Malmsteen-Electric-Guitar/113027418222?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11051.m43.l1123/7?euid=5b7dcbd8aff14773b93d5987cd35b4ef&bu=44793156289&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113027418222&sojTags=bu=bu&srcrot=e11051.m43.l1123&rvr_id=0&rvr_ts=f28522eb1630aa4324c32c96fffa6f54&ul_noapp=true&epid=2254327823

I sent him a message telling him about it and he just said “Cool, thank you for your input” but he’s still selling it as if it was the real deal...

What do you think? Should I claim it a fake with eBay? I never did that before but since I’ve been reading a lot about this guitars because I’m looking to buy one I think this guy is trying to scham someone...

*His discription of it: “
    This is a very gently used Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster. There is only a few scratches on the unit and works great. This isn't your $600 fender so please do not submit offers anywhere near that amount. The owner took very good care of this guitar and it shows. Please look at the high resolution pictures I took so you can see for yourself! This guitar sells brand new for around $1,800

We are a pawn shop and have many different items that come through our door. We are pretty knowledgeable in every field but are no where near experts in every field. We will answer any questions to the best of our ability and try to assist in your sale. We ship all our items priority and we do not ship internationally. All our items are sold "AS-IS" but we will describe the condition of the item to the best of our ability. Please enjoy all the items we have to offer!
    Be sure to add us to your favorites, we are a pawn shop and get everything!“

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    johnnymg likes this.

2. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Ha, that's about 3 hours away from me down at the coast. It's a pawn shop from rural eastern NC, they got no idea what they are selling and won't care what you tell them about it. They bought it from someone as a YM and are going to try and sell it as one no matter what they are told.

Gunny, Strat Jacket and Rafaelmd like this.

3. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Lost Planet Airman Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    That’s fake ... and a bad one at that! Fuggly Jack’d Up Logo... and no brass nut... besides other things.

ZlurkCorzDog and Rafaelmd like this.

4. Kalidromos13

Kalidromos13 Strat-Talk Member

May 9, 2018
    CA, USA
    It is a fake, Yng strats dont have 22 frets. Dead give away. Or pickups with logos.

Gunny, Rafaelmd and Electgumbo like this.

5. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    @Kalidromos13

Think some of his newer ones do.. they have his initials YJM on them cause they are his Fury pickups made by Seymour Duncan... I just watched a Rig Run Down on YouTube last night from 2011 and some of his guitars had those pickups ... but that guitar is still fake!!!

Kalidromos13 and Rafaelmd like this.

6. Rafaelmd

May 26, 2018
    UK
    I could make a list out of this one:

1) Serial number is Z which would indicate the years 2000, but is missing the S that the yngwie’s signatures have.

2) bullet truss rod wasn’t around until after 2007 on the American Strats, was on the MIJ though that also had two string-trees, but didn’t had the “with synchronised tremolo” below the Fender logo.

3) I think USA models don’t have a “made in USA” below the “with synchronised tremolo”. Also the logo and serial number are too black and fake.

4) the skunk stripe is painted in the wood and is too dark and too long (although some MIJ had longer stripes than the Americans, going until past the first fret while the Americans would end 1/4 before the second fret)

5) Plastic nut

6) Noiseless pickups...

I could go on and on...

Strat Jacket and Electgumbo like this.

7. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    No sh*t Sherlock. :D

Gunny, nickmsmith, Stratbats and 3 others like this.

8. Rafaelmd

May 26, 2018
    UK
    I’m pretty sure those are not DiMarzio... they are written in either a small logo or a larger one on the later years but they were always on the bottom corner of the pickups... also, the first ones had two DiMarzio HS3 and a Fender Alnico in the middle, later they had HS4s and a HS3 that had DiMarzio written on all 3 of them...

Electgumbo likes this.

9. Rafaelmd

May 26, 2018
    UK
    You’re right... didn’t counted the number of frets... No YJM 22 frets...

10. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    Yeah those say Noiseless ... it’s all wrong and not worth $100.

Rafaelmd likes this.

11. Rafaelmd

May 26, 2018
    UK
    Hahahahahaha

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.

12. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    yes, claim it as a fake. i just did. im sick of these people.

Gunny, ZlurkCorzDog, Rafaelmd and 2 others like this.

13. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Strat-Talker

Dec 16, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    So, if you have a fake you want to pawn, that's where you should go?

Kalidromos13 and Rafaelmd like this.

14. Kalidromos13

Kalidromos13 Strat-Talk Member

May 9, 2018
    CA, USA
    haha Oh OK, i should really start looking up new models, never know what can change! I do know that Yngwie went from Dimarzio HS-3 to Seymour Duncan Fury, but didnt know they had a logo. Thanks for pointing that out!

Electgumbo likes this.

15. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    just got this from him.

New message from: tidewatertrading (105[​IMG])
    I have had it appraised by someone to confirm it is not a fake. I appreciate your concern because guitars are not my forte but now I know for a fact it’s real. Thank you for your concern

16. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog The Artist Formerly Known As gt Strat-Talk Supporter

17. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    i told him whoever "appraised" it didnt know what the hell they were doing. i think he knows its fake. i think more of us should write him and tell him its fake.

18. Yaralag

Yaralag Senior Stratmaster

I just submitted a report with fleabay

heltershelton likes this.

19. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog The Artist Formerly Known As gt Strat-Talk Supporter

I got a kick out of the particle board for photo backdrop. Real classy. :confused:

Stratoskater likes this.

20. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 28, 2011
    USA
    Yeah. They’ll give you 15 dollars for it, and try to sell it for 1500