Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Fake Yngwie Malmsteen Strat

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Rafaelmd, Jun 12, 2018.

1. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Strat-Talker

Jul 25, 2017
    ABQ
    That color hurts my eyes!

2. altar

altar Strat-Talker

Oct 4, 2016
    USA
    Unfortunately Ebay will only do something if Fender contacts them through their Vero program.

3. Robins

Robins Dr. von Loudster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 22, 2010
    Germany
    eBay must not cover such dirty deals.
    Being eBay I would kick the dealer straight off.
    It is a fraud. In Germany he would be arrested. If our great Emperess doesn´t mind, of course.

Life is good,
    Robin

ZlurkCorzDog likes this.

4. Rafaelmd

Rafaelmd Strat-Talk Member

May 26, 2018
    UK
    How can Fender be contacted for that matter?

5. Rafaelmd

Rafaelmd Strat-Talk Member

May 26, 2018
    UK
    He definitely knows... I don’t really mind that it’s a fake, what bugs me is that he’s trying to sell it as original, knowing it’s fake. Unfortunately eBay don’t give you much space for specifics when you’re reporting an item...

6. altar

altar Strat-Talker

Oct 4, 2016
    USA
    I know Fender is a member of the Ebay Vero program but I'm not sure how to contact them. If you emailed Fender through their consumer relations email address they would probably tell you who to contact or forward it to whoever handles their Ebay Vero account.

7. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    There is so much wrong with that guitar that I don't even know where to begin...

Too many douche nozzles in the world. :rolleyes:

Stratoskater likes this.

8. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Correct. And Fender seem to have given up doing this, for reasons they refuse to explain. But it still won't do any harm if we all report it to their legal team at

fenderlegalasst@fender.com

Their neglect recently has been shameful.

And it also won't do harm if we all bombard the seller with messages telling him what we all know - that it's a shockingly bad fake. Although he already knows this.

Disgraceful.

altar likes this.

9. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Senior Stratmaster

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    eBay used to care about these things but not so much anymore. I reported a Seller for selling fake Ray-Bans. I even pointed out that since they were fake, the glasses may not carry the advertised UV protection. I figured that would scare eBay as it was a fake product that had the potential to cause real physical harm to a purchaser. The dude keeps on selling on eBay. I also reported him to Ray-Ban. They have a specific part of their website for reporting fakes. Nada. Too small of a fish I guess.

10. Strat Jacket

Strat Jacket Senior Stratmaster

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    Not to change the subject, but you guys astound me with your knowledge of even the smallest details! (Number of frets...when was the last time I counted how many frets any of my guitars have?!!!)
    If nothing else, threads like this serve to educate and inform S-T members so somebody doesn't hose one of us on a future deal!

11. Stark

Stark Ghost of Johnny Thunders Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 16, 2011
    Richmond Annex, CA
    Hey guys, is it just me or were the tuners installed skewed away from dead center, making the strings misaligned to the left from the nut??

355C589E-DCC1-4629-A8D4-E4EF7F9CC2B1.jpeg

12. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Looks like the listing has been removed?

13. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    It turns out that it's not as simple as that. I've just noticed that I received this message on eBay from tidewatertrading:

I just figured it out, you and a bunch of others are on a forum and are now spamming my account. You probably are waiting for me to drop the price so you all can snag it at a cheap price. This is disgusting and you are disgusting. All future messages from you all are going to be blocked and reported. You are the worst kind of person out there

So pressure from a number of independent people does seem to work. Well done to anyone who sent this seller a message - we all seem to have achieved something here. Though it's a shame that the seller seems to be delusional enough to believe that we want to grab it if he drops the price - all that will do is change it from an exorbitantly priced fake to a slightly cheaper fake.

So is he delusional, or just putting on a brave face after being caught out selling a fake?

14. jeff h

jeff h Senior Stratmaster

Jan 13, 2017
    Ohio
    Ebay's own policies enable fake and misleading auctions to continue unabated.

At some point they created a policy that if the seller gives a full refund, that is the final resolution but they won't allow you to give feedback since you returned the item. Guy can keep selling stuff over and over and the people that do catch on, all they get is a refund with no way to warn other people about the scams.

ChukkerNation likes this.

15. Gunny

Gunny Strat-Talker Gold Member

Jan 20, 2017
    TEXAS
    I totally agree! It’s plain lieing & thievery!