Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Favorite non fender strats?!

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Holdeezy, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Razzle

Razzle Strat-Talker

Feb 3, 2011
    AL
    Thanks! I'm with u on that, love those headstocks.

Gunslinger is a recent term. This guitar is from the 80's. They had two lines in those days (like MIM vs MIA), the original ST III (mine) and the NJ series. If u shop for one, I'd try to get an ST III, it was their best at the time.

2. balston11

balston11 Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 8, 2013
    Preston UK
    As of today my new arrival below as of next week who knows (back to Yamaha maybe?) cobra whole.JPG cobra splate.JPG cobra body.JPG

SaucyJack likes this.

3. hippychip

hippychip Strat-Talk Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Florida
    Series 10 body/neck---MIM Fender loaded pickguard and bridge, chinese tuners and jackplate, neutrik jack. The guitar was free, and I had everything else on the shelf. I had to buy a nut (GraphTek), and some pickguard screws---total out of pocket including strings---$20! Total cost of everything under $50! Best playing (and cheapest) guitar in my collection!![​IMG]

SaucyJack likes this.

4. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Strat-Talker

Oct 25, 2012
    Southern California
    I will always prefer my partscaster builds because I can decide what body/neck woods, pickups and hardware that will go on my guitar and what tones it will produce.

5. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member

Sammick. Not really fair, since they made the MIJ strats for Fender at the time. Here's one with a Fender S series headstock neck on it.

[​IMG]

When I bought it, it had a pointy Sammick style headstock which I didn't care for. The pickups were potted, and sounded pretty darn good, but the white PG didn't really match with the black HS.

6. Davey77

Davey77 Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 29, 2014
    Monroe WA

7. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    It's news to me if they did.

Rockape likes this.

8. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 6, 2014
    In the shadows
    Admin Post
    I'd never heard that either. I came looking for a thread like this because I also like the older, unusual Samick Strats. Came across this on the Cincinnati CL today. It's an ugly color but I kinda like it. If it was closer I'd grab it.

[​IMG]

9. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I like that colour. Is it metallic?

10. Willie D

Willie D Senior Stratmaster