Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender 50s classic series.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Mr.Haas, Dec 17, 2013.

1. rider7

rider7 Senior Stratmaster

Nov 14, 2012
    NYC
    Yep, I leave it at 10, so any cap value is meaningless. And I also prefer the cap at .022

2. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Senior Stratmaster

Dec 10, 2012
    CA
    So which color did you buy?

3. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Senior Stratmaster

Dec 10, 2012
    CA
    It's not the same guitar. Some ppl buy it for the radius, body color and amber tinted neck.

The-Kid likes this.

4. Achyskic

Achyskic Senior Stratmaster

Feb 19, 2013
    Ohio
    Its a valid question, the cap value does make a difference. Maybe not if you keep you tone at 10 all the time but too me if you do this you are not getting the most out of your strat.

Anyways a .22 cap is good for overwound or high output pickups, however, on vintage pickups like in the classic series the .1 uf is what was designed for them. It takes the brightness out of the vintage and warms the tone up. It actually works just like it was designed too do perfectly.

If you are a turn everything up and play, well whats it matter? I am in search of tone not noise.

5. El Capo

El Capo Strat-Talker

Nov 20, 2011
    UK
    Doesn't the 50s classic series come with a 0.1 cap as stock anyway, mine did.

Cheers

6. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    There's really no need to be so dismissive of other people's sound just because they drive their guitars in a different way to the way you do. At home I use the tone knob. With the band, I don't. That doesn't mean that I just make noise & that you have better tone.

What an argumentative approach. There's really no need for that. This is supposed to be a discussion, not a competition.

And to everyone else - try a .022 cap. It takes the brightness out of the pickup and warms the tone up. But only if you turn down the tone knob.

;)

jpmist likes this.

7. Achyskic

Achyskic Senior Stratmaster

Feb 19, 2013
    Ohio
    Actually, you are correct. I bought mine 2nd hand and was told it was 100% stock except it had the cap changed to a orange drop .22. I assumed .22 was what came in it...I changed out the orange drop to a .1uf the first 5 mins I had it. Glad Fender kept them period correct from the start.

8. srvsayce78

srvsayce78 Most Honored Senior Member

Feb 15, 2011
    UK
    I play in a Rock/Metal/AOR set up, I use a 50's reissue (mim) as my back up, all I've done is stick a bucker in the bridge, works just great!

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Senior Stratmaster

In his defense when I go back and read the messages I don't believe he is being a jerk. I asked him to elaborate further on the caps. He did that, and then you came in being dismissive of the suggestions he made. He simply countered that. Not once did I notice him being dismissive, haughty, or rude.

jpmist likes this.

10. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I didn't accuse anyone of being a jerk, or being haughty, or rude. I didn't dismiss his suggestions, I accept that they are valid opinion, but no more valid than different opinions are. That's all.

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Senior Stratmaster

You have a funny way of showing it.

john lavelle likes this.

12. Eligius1976

Eligius1976 Strat-Talk Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Riells i Viabrea (Girona-Spain)
    E3ADB508-9695-486E-9E5A-95BBAE9D3409.jpeg 282DB7E0-C792-42EA-AEE9-384A381E1518.jpeg D0887328-C2B4-4001-A600-12EEF475C78B.jpeg Hi there!

I refresh this post, very interesting to me. I”m almost sure to buy a 50s laquer CAR strat, in mint condition (Attached fotos); the only doubt/issue I have is if there is a considerable difference between my am special strat (with texas special pups) and a am deluxe strat hsh: I expect that it will be very different, I”m interested to get a traditional sound, and in a mid term I would change stock pops by a set of David Gilmour emg”s, as I”m a big fan of Pink Floyd. Has anyone made this mod in this model?
    Thanks for your feedback, have a great new 2018 and greetings from Barcelona!!

Attached Files:

13. RaySachs

RaySachs Strat-O-Master Silver Member

Jun 25, 2017
    Philly area
    Have you ever played a fretboard with a 7.25” radius before? Some people love em, some people don’t (I used to love em and still am fine with them, but honestly now much prefer 9”). Some people don’t notice the difference but lots do. In any case might be worth checking out before going all-in...

AxemanVR and henderman like this.

14. Ecosse

Ecosse Strat-Talk Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    It looks like the nut was replaced on that neck for whatever reason.

henderman likes this.

15. Eligius1976

Apr 30, 2017
    I”ve already played one some time ago, I also have a baja playe tele and I feel comfortable.
    As regards the nut, the current owner has changed the original one with a tusk nut, according his words done by a luthier, but I don’t know if the modification is ok: what is your opinion by the way?? According the pics attached..

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

16. Rayzaa

Rayzaa Strat-O-Master

Jul 1, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    I dont buy this. Ive seen videos of many different caps and you cant really tell any difference.

Heres one

17. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Have you tried using different caps in your guitar? I think you'll find that that gives you a better idea than watching a video on a PC (or worse still, a phone!) & listening to the sound through crappy speakers.

18. Eligius1976

Apr 30, 2017
    Hi all!!

Can anyone help me to clarify if the bone nut replacement looks good (pic attached in my previous post)?
    I will be with trying the guitar with its owner this afternoon. I”m not familiar with luthier arrangements...
    I can purchase the guitar for 700€, in mint condition (still in warranty for 1 year).

Thank you very much!!

19. the dark sailor

the dark sailor Strat-O-Master

Dec 18, 2008
    south jersey
    Nut seems ok. It's all about how it plays. Nice looking guitar too. What model is it?

Eligius1976 likes this.

20. sjtalon

sjtalon Senior Stratmaster

Resurrected for a cap war !

o_O

Dan_Q likes this.