Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender Blues deluxe sample settings??????

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Guitard, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Guitard

Guitard Strat-Talk Member

I keep trying to find "that sound" with my blues deluxe amp but always end up messing it up somehow. Im into a cleaner sounding blues but i like it to still have a very full sound. I play an american deluxe if that helps. Does anyone have any suggestions?!

2. phildobbin

phildobbin Strat-Talker

On my BD I have the Middle & Presence set on full, Treble at zero, Bass about four & the Bright switch active. Might seem a little odd but it works for me ;-)...

3. martinsecrest

martinsecrest Strat-Talker

It can take some experimenting but it's in there. With an Eminence speaker I've ended with the treble and presence at about 65% and bass at about 40%. '62 AVRI Strat. I don't have the stock tubes but it sounds very full and clean.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Bendub

Bendub Strat-O-Master

My method of finding tone is always to max out everything, and pull out the tones I find bothersome. Seems easier to me that way for some reason.

6. bluesky636

bluesky636 Strat-O-Master

I normally don't list tone settings cuz they can vary widely depending on the guitar and the acoustic environment, but what the heck. I play a MIM Standard Strat equipped with Fender SCN pups through my BDRI. My settings are:

Bright - Off
    Treble - 6
    Bass - 3
    Middle - 4
    Presence - 8

I use the clean channel almost exclusively and add a Monte Allums H2O Plus modified Blues Driver for dirt.