Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster Build

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by TheCollector1, Nov 22, 2018.

1. TheCollector1

TheCollector1 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Big Apple NY
    Just waiting for her to arrive!

2. CephasG

CephasG Strat-O-Master

Dec 13, 2017
    Land of Lincoln
    Very cool build. Congrats!

3. Guitarmaan

Guitarmaan Strat-Talker

Jan 9, 2016
    England
    Guitar looks fantastic! Congrats!
    I can guess who the other dealer was who didn't like you asking questions!!!

4. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    WI
    Regardless of pedigree/provenance, that's a great looking guitar built well with quality parts. I'm sure it is every bit as good as a Fender-assembled guitar, and quite possibly better. Congrats!

Rastus and Andrew Wasson like this.
  5. TheCollector1

Nov 22, 2018
    Big Apple NY
    I knew someone would have a good guess sooner or later. The guy gets some good stuff you can't deny that. Unless your gonna click a buy it now button which I guess is fine dealing with him is another story. His spelling and his grammar take the cake tho!

6. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Strat-Talker

Nov 6, 2018
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well that’s just it isn’t it? They’re the sum of a bunch of parts and partscasters even if one thinks it matters that it’s assembled in a specific place by a specific builder. That’s the way Leo designed them. Don’t like this neck, try that one.

Guitarmaan likes this.
  7. Guitarmaan

Guitarmaan Strat-Talker

Jan 9, 2016
    England
    If you buy a set of genuine Fender Custom Shop parts it makes absolutely zero difference who screws all the parts together, apart from the resale value.

hexnut likes this.
  8. TheCollector1

Nov 22, 2018
    Big Apple NY
    So I would assume the custom shop team built strats are a collaborative effort where I guess they move through like an assembly line and then individual people do a single task that they specialize in. Where a master built is built by exclusively one builder. John Cruz at the end of the day is just bolting everything together like everyone else. He's not shaping bodies and necks etc. he's picking from stock. I'm sure the master builders get s private stock of parts but no different then anyone else. Granted I am sure a mr john Cruz does this better then a lot of other people out there. I feel like my strat built from parts will be just as good tho. Tim was actually an electrical engineer before retiring and opening the guitar loft. Is soldering and wiring and knowledge is more then up to snuff.

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  9. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    It may be that the guitar you're getting will be "as good as" a CS guitar (you're clearly doing your best to convince yourself that it will be). Or it may not be. But the undoubted fact is that it is not a Fender! A Fender is a guitar made by Fender, assembled by them & branded & guaranteed by them.

Anything else is simply a partscaster. It may be a very good partscaster but it's no more valuable than the partscasters many of us have assembled at home. And it will have a value that is a small fraction of the value of a genuine Fender CS product.

That's how the guitar market works.

As far as I can see, the only point to a partscaster is if you assemble it yourself. Paying someone else other than Fender to assemble what should be a DIY guitar seems totally illogical. And no doubt very expensive too!

Achyskic and Yves like this.
  10. TheCollector1

Nov 22, 2018
    Big Apple NY
    I remember why I refrain from forums. Cause there’s always one hater! Don’t know what you didn’t understand about me not caring about the money! If I ever sell it I will consult with you on the listing price. Or I can just part it out. I’ve parted many high end cars in my life. Not a big deal. Why don’t you go put something together you can afford off Stewie Mac or all parts? Something out of all aftermarket parts you can afford. Your obviously just a peasant.

You should call up fender and tell them they shouldn’t have spent the million to buy sir Eric’s blackie cause it’s just a partscaster! Wait I think all the most famous strata have been partscasters. Number 1 was also a partscaster. This is hilarious. Understood they were in the hands of famous players!

hexnut and Boognish like this.
  11. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Ah, falling back on that good old word "hater". :D

I don't hate anybody or anything concerning this matter. I'm simply trying to cut through the hyperbole & delusion here.

Also, having made some expensive mistakes & bad decisions myself in the past, I try to help other people to avoid the traps I fell into. But if you're happy with your decision, knock yourself out bro.

I can understand you not being happy with what I wrote & that's your right. But you show yourself in your true light when you suggest that I can't afford a decent guitar because "Your obviously just a peasant."

If you're going to try to insult someone (and you shouldn't - it's against the forum rules. ;)), at least try to spell & punctuate properly. If you don't, it makes you seem very ignorant. It's a shame you embarrassed yourself like that. :rolleyes:

12. Guitarmaan

Guitarmaan Strat-Talker

Jan 9, 2016
    England
    Hey guys, chill out!

I have looked at The Guitar Loft for a while and they sell genuine Fender Custom Shop parts.
    I'm going to buy an Olympic White CS body from them as soon as one comes up, because I have two CS Sunburst Strats and always fancied an Olympic White one. I can buy a genuine CS body from them for around $700 and swap out the body on one of my Sunburst CS guitars.
    It will still be a completely Fender Custom Shop guitar.
    They don't bolt together loads of different body and neck combinations at the Custom Shop and then go with the most perfect match up, they just bolt them together the same as I will.

Chief101, CGHguitars and Dalendl like this.
  13. Andrew Wasson

Nov 6, 2018
    Vancouver, Canada
    I don’t know you and I don’t know the OP but from my vantage point, you’re coming off a little like a *****. I thought maybe that was the case in your initial post and you’ve just confirmed it through the last couple of posts.

What’s your purpose? You could have just passed by the entire discussion by but you’d rather rain on his parade? Why do you need to insist that his guitar project is less than “legit”? What sort of value do you feel your providing here. Is this a public service you provide?

The rest of us are quite interested to see the final product and read about the OP’s assessment. If you’re not perhaps you can go find some other place to occupy your time. I’m pretty sure your opinion isn’t well received but the other contributors are too polite to comment or they might just be surprised at how rude you are.

14. wayoutjohn

wayoutjohn Strat-Talker

Mar 27, 2018
    NJ
    That is one sweet looking guitar! Enjoy!

15. TheCollector1

Nov 22, 2018
    Big Apple NY
    Guitar was delivered today via fedex. First off maybe I got lucky but the guitar honestly came out better then expected. It looks as if all the parts have been together for ages. I was careful of selecting pcs with the same levels of relic work and Tim and I had a few conversations on the topic but everything just matches really well. The guitar came beautifully set up and the playability is fabulous. I didn’t get a lot of time to play plugged in yet. But acoustically the guitar is very resonate and bright. The weight is awesome too it’s super light. For anyone doubting the quality or the value in this build it’s spectacular. I have had or have I guess every level of Stratocaster. My first was a red squier like 23 years ago. (I sold the squier) In my possession currently I have a 93 3 tsb mim Strat (haven’t played in a long time) , a 96 sonic blue American standard (all stock and a great guitar) and the new build. The new guitar is at least a whole lb lighter then the sonic blue guitar maybe more. 96 American standard neck profile was almost identical to the 63 neck on the built guitar. So right away she felt like an old friend just nicer. You can tell there’s quality changes in the woods selected with the custom shop stuff. I honestly couldn’t be happier. I don’t know what the difference would have been if it was actually assembled at fender. Tim from the guitar loft really did a great job building out the guitar. I can’t thank him enough but I will build more guitars with him in the future. The guitar just feels like a keeper for life!

IMG_0044.jpg

Yves, Dare1, circles and 5 others like this.
  16. Steve Hassle

Steve Hassle Strat-Talker

Apr 8, 2016
    Rockaway, NJ
    Some nice looking parts! Best of luck with her

Alan Crossley likes this.
  17. Andrew Wasson

Nov 6, 2018
    Vancouver, Canada
    Looks great and glad to hear the build turned out so well. It looks like it just walked out of 1963, doesn’t it?

I’m digging the Sonic Blue American Standard too. I’ve got a thing for Sonic Blue Strats these days.

Yves, circles and Textele like this.
  18. TheCollector1

Nov 22, 2018
    Big Apple NY
    It really does and it even feels old. Very cool. You can tell it’s a lot more guitar then the 96’ by the way it resonates acoustically. The way you can hang on notes too the neck and fret board are awesome! I have not had a chance to plug it in yet except for a few mins in my mini crush. Guitar plays like butter tho.

Yves, Alan Crossley and Andrew Wasson like this.
  19. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin
    That's a good looking guitar. Thanks for sharing!!! What type of pups does it have? Maybe i missed that part in the original OP.

20. TheCollector1

Nov 22, 2018
    Big Apple NY
    It has Klein jazzy cats. Hoping I can plug in and play a little more later.

Yves and Boognish like this.